Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Comment on design...

jmarcv is offline Cranky Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Zoffix Znet View Post
    I'm fully aware of the exec powers, that what httpd.conf or .htaccess are for
    That doesn't make it any better practice than using tables!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoffix Znet View Post
    Well, I've sent you an e-mail regarding your last problem and didn't receive any response. As for helping, yeah sure I might help depending on what the problem is.
    Yeah, that project got shelved. I have the other I hinted at, but it may be a month or so

andychev is offline Master Glow Jedi

I understand now! I only have a simple brain and get easily confused!

As far as the ongoing tables/css thing goes the absolute technicalities are far beyond me! I couldnt argue it either way even if i tried!

I would love to have in depth knowledge of just one thing but there just arent enough hours in the day or space in my brain! I have a wide range of knowledge across a lot of things i dont have the time to 'learn' one particular aspect in depth. Projects i currently have ongoing include php, sql, perl, javascript, coldfusion and asp and i am often doing them all at some point in any one day! Everyone has their skills, zoffix is amazing at css and i do take note of what you have to say i think you have a hard time in here sometimes! You stand your ground well though! My situation is that i am self employed and i know from my experience that if you scale a programming language from one to ten you are better of knowing ten languages to level 5 than knowing one to level 10. This is just what i have found over the years working for myself, it means you can take on more work and 9/10 be able to say you can do something instead of turning it down.

Zoffix, you are clearly very good at learning a particular language in depth. If this is what you want to do as a career? programming etc, and want to make big money (correct me if i am worng) people dont look for specific css programmers? But i think it is a great skill to be able to learn a language in depth so if you can learn one of the languages that there is a shortage in then you will make big big money!

Zoffix Znet is offline at 40 posts I am a Junior Guru

Quote Originally Posted by andychev View Post
    Zoffix, you are clearly very good at learning a particular language in depth. If this is what you want to do as a career? programming etc, and want to make big money (correct me if i am worng) people dont look for specific css programmers? But i think it is a great skill to be able to learn a language in depth so if you can learn one of the languages that there is a shortage in then you will make big big money!
    Yeah, I have an IQ way above average which means (and proven on practice) that I can learn something twice as fast as an average person. Yes, I don't think anybody is looking for CSS programmers that can only do CSS. I've coded in Pascal (in school), C++, Python, took a glance at Assembly language as well, and currently learning Perl (I'm an "advanced n00b" right now ) along with some JavaScript, planning to learn JavaScript and PHP next. Considering that I am only 20 years old I'm doing fine so far
    CSS doesn't suck - you suck at CSS. http://zoffix.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234