Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PHP5 Migration

QHF
    QHF is offline Nearly a Master Glow Jedi

Question PHP5 Migration

First, Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Second, thank you again to Alexander S and Sergey for getting my PHPMotion back up and running, great job guys. Now to my question; The package for my install of PHPMotion was specifically for PHP4. On the PHPmotion website it says to download the PHP4 installer if the hosting company is running PHP4 which I did because GlowHost was running PHP4 by default. There is also a PHP5 installer to user if the hosting company was using PHP5 by default.

Now that Glowhost is migrating to PHP5 in January and I am running PHPMotion as PHP4 will I have to change and reinstall using the PHP5 installer? I read in another forum that all I should have to do is modify my .htaccess file to accomodate PHP5, is this correct? I won't have to reinstall using the PHP5 installer, (I hope)?

QHF

jmarcv is offline Cranky Coder

My guess is, it is the installer that needs php4 or php5 and not the script, but yes, modify your .htaccess to verify that.

Please note:
    If you reinstall your app, the patch that we wrote will most likely have to be reapplied.
    The file that we patch is convertor.php, so you might want to hold on to that. The mods are clearly marked in the file.

QHF

John-Marc,

I'm in cPanel now but can't seem to find the .htaccess file to modify and test PHPMotion. Can you give me a path?

QHF

Alexander is offline Technical Analyst

Hello,
    you should find your .htaccess in your Cpanel>File manager
    It must be in public_html folder. Also, you can do it via you ftp client.

If it is not there, you need to create it.

QHF

Thanks for the reply Alex. I found 3 .htaccess files under public_html, two only reference FronPage and look like duplicates, the third is empty. Do I have to create one or can I modify the empty one?

QHF

Alexander is offline Technical Analyst

There can be only one file with the name .htaccess, you need to modify exactly this file in such a way:
    http://www.glowhost.com/forums/knowl...bsite-751.html

QHF

AlexS,

As stated before, I have 3 different .htaccess files in public_html. Before I go and do something I will regret, perhaps you can help.

The first .htaccess files under public_html is contain the following script:

# -FrontPage-

IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*

<Limit GET POST>
    order deny,allow
    deny from all
    allow from all
    </Limit>
    <Limit PUT DELETE>
    order deny,allow
    deny from all
    </Limit>

The second is called .htaccess.xxxxxxx where x is a series of numbers and contains the same script as above.

The third file is .htaccess.xxxxxxxxx where x is again a different number and is empty. Would you know if it's safe to remove these three .htaccess files and only have the one with the PHP5 modifications from the link you provided? Any help is greatly appreciated.

QHF
    Last edited by Matt; 11-22-2007 at 02:41 PM.

there is only one .htaccess file. The others that START with .htaccess are backups most likely. It is best to add your php stuff unless you know what it is you are removing by starting from scratch! (G)

QHF

Thanks for the information. By the way, I just noticed my last post has server information that I think should be removed. Can you delete everything from AuthName on down from the .htaccess script I posted?

Thanks

QHF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast