Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PHP5 Migration

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

I removed it
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

QHF
    QHF is offline Nearly a Master Glow Jedi

OK everyone, I added the following to my .htaccess file:
    • AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php .php4 .php3 .phtml
    I now get the following error when I try to access phpmotion from the Internet:
    • Fatal error: phpSHIELD Loader - script was encoded for another version of zend engine in /somelocation/mydomain/subdirectory/subdirectory/config.php on line 2It
    Does it looks like I need to download PHPMotion for PHP5 after all or is something else going on?

QHF
    Last edited by QHF; 11-22-2007 at 07:56 PM.

sergey is offline Master Glow Jedi

It means that you should download PHPMotion for PHP5 because PHPMotion for PHP4 will not work with PHP5 enabled.

QHF

Sergey,

I've downloaded PHPMotion for PHP5 to my PC.

I'm not sure how to proceed form here, should I just upload the entire Zip file as a zip file or upload the zip file in binary, or should I unzip PHPMotion 5 on my workstation and upload only the contents in binary.

Where should I upload either the zip file or the binary contents of the zip file too, and will this overwrite the existing config files ( I think it will).

Would it be best to open a support ticket to have this done. Either way, I would like to know the procedure so I can do it myself if this kind of situation ever comes up again.

Thank you,

QHF
    Last edited by QHF; 11-22-2007 at 10:11 PM.

You can upload the entire Zip file into your public_html directory as a zip file. Once it's done, you need to backup the existing phpmotion files so you can use configuration settings from them. Then extract the files from the zip archive and proceed with the PHPMOTION installation. If you have any questions, please submit a trouble ticket and we will guide you further.

QHF

Thanks for the information Sergey. I will try this in the morning. Goodnight.

QHF

QHF

Default PHPMotion for PHP5

I so love this place! My installation of PHPMotion for PHP4 is now ready for the January migration to PHP5 and is tested and back up and running. I downloaded PHPMotion for PHP5 then uploaded the update and backed up the current PHP4 settings to copy over. Uploaded PHPMotion for PHP5, copied files and folders into the correct locations, made the necessary changes in the .htaccess file and everything came back up.

I did hit two minor snags:
    • I got this server error "Error: returned status code 500 Internal Server Error". Thanks to Sergey it was a quick fix to set the correct paths to FFMpeg tools in classes/settings.php.
    • When I tried to upload a video file, I got an error about a 20MB upload size limit. I did some checking and found the problem in the cgi-bin folder with a file called uu_default_config.pm. A simple edit to increase the upload file size limit. I tested and verified by successfully uploaded a 39.4mpeg file and all is well with the world. Again, thanks to all!
    QHF
    Last edited by QHF; 11-24-2007 at 10:20 PM.

Thanks for your kind words

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12