Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ginger Sever - Unscheduled Maintenance

Shorty is offline Newbie

I would like to say thanks for being so VERY reliable for so many years that these few days have been an extreme interruption in our lives. I'm sure it has also created more frustration for you guys, because of it. But, we have stayed with you for so long due to the reliability. I hope this shift won't change that reliability in any way.

Now that is all said and done, I'll be glad when everything works right and we can get our e-mail and login to our cpanel, again. I'll let my better half deal with all that. I mainly wanted to post the previous paragraph to say thanks.

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Hi Shorty,

Thanks for your comments. Again I wanted to apologize for the problems, nobody likes it when hardware breaks and this was an exceptionally long series of problems with this particular machine which prevented it from functioning properly. The unfortunate problem with all machines is they all have a 100% chance of breaking sometime in their life cycle. However as I mentioned in a previous post, GlowHost does offer more reliable solutions to shared hosting for those who require it.

For some history, Ginger was already scheduled to be upgraded to much more powerful machine later this week, but I think that we may wait a few weeks or months on that now to prevent any further disruptions so that our customers don't kill us for trying to do a good thing like upgrade hardware, because it can cause disruptions for certain sites.

We will have to see how the new hardware works before we make the final determination there and will be monitoring the progress of this device carefully over the coming days and weeks ahead.

On a final note before I finally sign off for the day, all sites are unpacked from backups now and we are beginning the process of recompiling PHP and adding special software that some of your sites require.

Hopefully one of our sysadmins will post in here when they are all finished buttoning things up.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

We are beginning the software updates for PHP and other services.

Please be advised that there is a small possibility of short service interruptions in the web services that should not last for a few minutes while we recompile Apache and PHP. We will be monitoring the server during these updates to make sure services are restored should they go down temporarily during this process.

Thank you for your patience.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

maasud is offline Newbie

Any updates? add-on domains not working, cron jobs not working, Zend not working etc etc?

GlowAlex is offline Master Glow Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by maasud View Post
    Any updates? add-on domains not working, cron jobs not working, Zend not working etc etc?
    Please open a trouble ticket and provide us with more info along with the link which are not working or throwing an error.

Thank you.

Shorty is offline Newbie

Is there a reason only the front page of our websites and MAYBE one or two of our other pages are up? Did I miss the part where you guys only put up the front pages of websites? If so, please fill me in.

We will be spastic in the forum, today, at most. Just found out my mother-in-law is in the hospital after a bad stroke.

I will be awful glad when you guys get this all fixed. I need my e-mail and my websites.

AndrewGlow is offline Master Glow Jedi

Hello Shorty,

Email server is working, as well as websites. If you experience any problems, please open a ticket and let us know what links don't work. (you can just email to support [at] glowhost.com if you don't have access to ticket system).
    Have no fear,
    GlowHost is Here!

Shorty is offline Newbie

Websites are completely up, now. (YAY!) Thank you!!

Better half is still working on the e-mail issue.
    Last edited by Shorty; 01-26-2013 at 10:38 AM. Reason: forgot to say thanks

AndrewGlow is offline Master Glow Jedi

Hello Shorty,

You are always welcome. As to email issue, please open a ticket.
    Have no fear,
    GlowHost is Here!

Shorty is offline Newbie

He already did open a ticket. Looks like my e-mail is working, now. But, his still isn't. He is the main domain on our account. Mine is a subdomain. Hopefully you guys can help him get his going, real soon.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast