Thread: Cookie problem

WHK
    WHK is offline Newbie

Default Cookie problem

I'm transferring a site from another host and am setting up some custom PHP files used for logging in a user. Once the user is logged in, they have access to some pages that are normally not accessible.

I am having a problem with cookies being transferred between pages. The login script works fine on the old host. I've used the following line for debug:
    Code:
    var_dump($_COOKIE);
    This results in the following response:
    Code:
    array (0) { }
    When I do the debug on the old host, there is a fully populated array that includes the cookie.

Since this script works properly on the old host, I'm wondering if there is a server or PHP setting that needs to be changed. Anyone have ideas?

PHP version 5.5.20 on Glowhost, 5.4.35 on old host (Both Linux Apache 2.2.29)

GlowHost-John is offline Technical Analyst

The issue seems to be with conflicts in php versions. If you are on one of our shared servers, you can try changing your PHP version from your cPanel >> Software&services >> Select PHP version. Please have a check from your end and if you are still facing any issue, please submit a support ticket regarding this. We will be glad to check this further.

WHK
    WHK is offline Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by GlowHost-John View Post
    The issue seems to be with conflicts in php versions. If you are on one of our shared servers, you can try changing your PHP version from your cPanel >> Software&services >> Select PHP version. Please have a check from your end and if you are still facing any issue, please submit a support ticket regarding this. We will be glad to check this further.
    Thanks for the tips. I tried versions of PHP both newer and older, and the same version as on the original server with no luck. Any other tips?

Alexander is offline Technical Analyst

Could you open a ticket for tech support department at https://glowhost.com/helpdesk/index.php?cmd=newticket ?

This will allow us to take a close look on the problem.