Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what no googly Chrome topic?

cornnfedd is offline Working on Master Status

Quote Originally Posted by bdominick View Post
    @cornnfedd: Not sure what version of FF you had trouble with, but now it backs up your bookmarks and all other personalizations automatically on a regular basis. The reasons I can't live without FF are all the web developer tools you can get as add-ons, including Web Developer Toolbar and FireBug. These things make building sites so much easier it's amazing. I don't know of comparable stuff for IE.
    was probably 18 month ago at least that this happened - once bitten twice shy for me though! lol

tecktalk is offline Banned

i think google has the the far better work than any other company did when starting its own versions like IE or FF i didnt like d IE as when i open many tabs than its sometimes promt me to close it instantly without saving dats and likewise happens with me..but with crome i used to get all the things going on very well and had not get any difficulties in using this..i can say that its best version till date we have...!!

andychev is offline Master Glow Jedi

Its not bad for a first attempt! However as previously stated I also had real trouble with getting flash to install/work with it which ultimately meant it has been relegated to yet another browser to test sites on. Speed wise I think FF is faster although the electric might have been slow when i tested it.

Time will tell if FF has enough momentum without google backing it to be around in the long term.

what sites running flash wasnt it working properly with, as my sites all worked just as well with chrome?

dansgalaxy is offline Junior Web Sage

Well, i personally agree that Google Chrome is VERY good for a beta, i love it and cant wait to see when it is released properly, i wrote a very long article on some of its features (XDnet.co.uk) and on the whole i like it is very good and when i look at the theory behind the tab structure and javascript engine it sounds amazing, but so far i have found that it seems to have an issue with flash video (youtube/iplayer) as it seems to lag and just be generally rubbish with it where as IE/FF is fine.

But as i said for a beta it has alot of good points and i cant wait to see later releases and what the other browsers decide to take and use in their own browsers.

Dan

i have now notived a few formatting issues in the way it handles some forms, other then that still all good.

Matt is online now GlowHost Administrator

Google will rule the world soon. I cannot say that it is bad....

Have you guys seen the new cell phone proposition?

@cornfed whats a notived?

As Kyle says - "When your brand name becomes a verb, you know you did something right."
    Last edited by Matt; 09-13-2008 at 02:49 AM.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

haha lol sorry i should read what i post.

notived = noticed.

soz lol

maybe the next real war will be google versus microsoft....

They already did that when MS's head search programmer went to google. That was a few years back. Surprisingly, there is very little info on this on the net right now. Maybe Billy-boy paid google to remove any negative publicity. He's the only one I know that could afford that price tag.

I am using IE8 RC1 now and the whole crash thing seems to have been resolved in this release. It renders pages a little differently but it has "compatibility" mode on it which does a pretty good job of making pages that render strangely return to the way IR7 rendered them.

Other than that I don't see any noticeable bugs like 7 had and I've been running it for about a week or so.

I also really like the new color coded tabbed browsing and the address bar now shows the exact domain one is looking at which should really help out less advanced web users to identify the actual domain they are visiting and should help prevent phishing quite a bit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast