Thread: Link directly to web statistics

ampm designs is offline No longer a Newbie

Default Link directly to web statistics

I swear I found how to do this once but now I can't seem to find the information nor remember the instructions.

I would like to be able to allow clients to view their web statistics without having to go through cpanel. A link such as www.yoursitehere.com/stats would be most helpful.

Anyway, any idea how I might set this up, or was I just hallucinating when I thought I found the answer before?

Thanks!

Matt is online now GlowHost Administrator

It depends on if you want webalizer or AW Stats to run outside the domain as it takes different methods to achieve it.

You'd need a dedicated server for this though as we don't allow it on the shared servers for security reasons. I've never seen a script that could do this for an account that did not require root access though it may exist somewhere.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

Matt is online now GlowHost Administrator

Another thing you can do if you are a reseller is make a cpanel theme that you turn on for your clients after you have built the site which has a link to say, stats, and webmail and email and nothing else. That limits their cpanel access and then you can use the regular cPanel skin when you need to get in there and do cpanel things.

RV Skin is also something that could be installed which does the same thing.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |