Thread: WHM Feature List Not Updating in cPanel

Websync is offline What's a Guru? I want to be a GlowRu!

Question WHM Feature List Not Updating in cPanel

I was wondering if anyone else has had the following problem working with feature lists in WHM and if so how did you fix it?

When I remove certain features like Ruby or PostgresSQL from a feature list and then try to add them back they don’t show up again in cPanel as feature options. (The icons are simply not showing) Not even in accounts that use the default list that I never even changed. It is like they just disapeared from the whole system even though they are checked options.

The only thing I can think of is to delete my lists and then start over. Maybe somewhere the code is not updating correctly? I never messed with the default or disabled list at all - so I find this very strange.

I will keep looking for the problem, but any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Alexander is offline Technical Analyst

Hello, Websync
    It seems that you need to pay attention to the the words written in WHM > Main > Packeges> Feature Manager :
    Two special feature lists called "default" and "disabled" will affect all users.
    • If you disable a feature in the "default" feature it will be disabled in every users' cPanel, unless another feature list grants them the feature.
    • If you disable a feature in the "disabled" feature it will be disabled in every users' cPanel. Unlike the "default" feature list no other feature list will be able to override this and grant the feature. If you don't want anyone to be able to turn this feature on at all, disable it in this list.

Websync is offline What's a Guru? I want to be a GlowRu!

Hi Alex,
    I think you need to pay attention to what I wrote in my post. I specifically mentioned that I did not make any changes to the “default” or “disabled” lists at all. I merely created my own lists and assigned them to packages, but when I tried to add back features that I had removed from my lists – certain features were gone forever - namely Ruby on Rails and PostgresSQL. (To be clear – I removed them from a custom Basic List and then decided later to add them back – but somehow it changed the availability of these two features on all accounts – not all the lists. The default list still has them selected – in fact it has everything selected)

Now, if I made absolutely no changes to the default or disabled list, why is my main account not showing Ruby on Rails and PostgresSQL? My main account package uses the default list.

As I said, I am going to keep looking for the problem myself, but I know I am not the only person in the world that has had this problem. I saw it briefly explained on a message board somewhere, but lost the darn link. So, I know I am not alone. In fact, the person was relating the same problem with the same exact features Ruby on Rails and PostgresSQL – so I know I am not crazy!

Thanks for trying…

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Can you open a ticket on this with your WHM login details so that we can have a look?

Please reference this forum thread so you do not have to re-type everything.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |