Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My New Site

Zoffix Znet is offline at 40 posts I am a Junior Guru

Cool You are missing my point...

Quote Originally Posted by andychev View Post
    The average person on the web looking at sites doesnt have a clue about any of that they just care that the site is user friendly and as long as it looks good the code doesnt matter.
    What about people with visual dissabilities that use screen readers?

but these days with the majority of people having broadband 'sloppy' website design doesnt have a detremental effect on performace in the slightest. A couple of extra lines of code here and there isnt going to matter to the person looking at the site.
    Majority of people in the USA you mean...

... broadband becoming widespread and webservers being so good, there is no longer the need to keep code to a minimum and worry about doing something the long way instead of the efficient way.
    yeah sure, but when your client comes to you when his/her site is almost done and tells you that the navigation menu should be on the left rather than on the right... what do you do with those tables?

You are totally missing the point it's not in any way a war between table and CSS layouts.. CSS was designed not to replace tables. The main goal of CSS is to separate the content from presentation... Read this link: http://xrl.us/jx7f
    major points are explaned there... and also how would you do image replacement with tables? If you think that your table site works fine for you with your perfect vision and broadband doesn't mean that it is accessible... The right tools for the right job! I stand by my point and I'm done with this endless discussion...
    CSS doesn't suck - you suck at CSS. http://zoffix.com

andychev is offline Master Glow Jedi

Points taken! Think that vast majority of the uk is on broadband too, something like 80% of people on the internet in the uk now have broadband

The comments about speed of the internet and web servers was a general comment about any type of 'code' that there is no longer a need for the most efficient way (so many hard core coders will shott me for saying that!)

I take your point that css is good for quick changes but it has caused me nothing but headaches in the past ( i guess i fall under the category of sucking at css!) I just think that if there is a way that someone is confident in then stick to it, tables or css, but 'learning' css in depth perhaps isnt worth the time saving returns you would get from it?

As most of the companies i work for on web design are in effect 'second generation' ie they have a site they want updating i havent seen one yet that uses css but i guess this will change in the future as more new sites are initially made with it.

I will have a look at those sites you mention, you never know i could be a convert!

Zoffix Znet is offline at 40 posts I am a Junior Guru

Cool Hm...

Quote Originally Posted by jmarcv View Post
    But seriously, if you want to get some non-working css working again for me, we can continue this discussion off forum.
    A few days ago I've sent a PM, so I was wondering if you got it... what you got there to fix, give more details. PM or send a "Quick note" from http://zoffix.com/contacts.html I gave you my e-mail address in the PM, don't want to release it publicly.
    CSS doesn't suck - you suck at CSS. http://zoffix.com

branet is offline Almost no longer a newbie!

Thanks for the site.

Ricardo is offline Junior Web Sage

Hey Frank, thanks for posting the link to your site.

I think it looks good. I especially liked the photo section.

Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12