Thread: Creating forms and picture gallery with Fantastico help

sjwalker is offline Almost no longer a newbie!

Red face Creating forms and picture gallery with Fantastico help

I am a beginner web designer. I am trying to create forms that will send the information to 4-5 seperate emails with the information submitted. I am sure that the Fantastico scripts will help with this - but I cannot for the life of me figure out how. I have successfully installed the script, but there is now "How To" to follow. I am also trying to install a Photo Gallery using Gallery for a web page that I would like members from all over the US to be able to upload their pictures on. Again, I know this is possible, but after the scripts have been installed on my Glowhost account, I'm stumped with no apparent guide for dummies available. Could someone help? Thank you, thank you, so much.

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

For the forms and multiple email addresses:

Any old formmailer including the 2 in your cpanel should do the trick. You'd just change the recipient from:

Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="recipient" value="you@yourdomain.com">
    to

Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="recipient" value="<A href="mailto:email1@domain.com,email2@domain.com,email3@domain.com">[/code">email1@domain.com,email2@domain.com,email3@domain.com">
    You can see source code to a completed (and basic) web based submission form using formmail clone at the link below.

Web Based Email Form Tutorial

I am sure cgi email also found in cPanel can do this as well however it is a more advanced script. That or any other formmailer script you find on the Internet in Perl or PHP should work fine for this. I'd use cpanel's though as they are automagically updated when security issues arise.

As to the fantastico scripts, each script has an official website and support community or support channels, most of the scripts have some form of documentation available on what the script is, how to use it, etc on the script publisher's website.
    Last edited by Matt; 09-19-2006 at 04:33 PM.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

sjwalker is offline Almost no longer a newbie!

Default You lost me

You lost me with the "old formmailer including the 2 in your cpanel". What am I looking for/under? Or, with the cgi email? (just to let you know, I have been using Frontpage to design and upload my webpages) Thanks again for your help.

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

"Any old" as in slang for "any"

Any formmailer script will work, including the 2 that cPanel bundles in with your site.

Frontpage makes no difference other than making life harder for most people but that is another story altogather.

As for where to find them in cPanel, look in the cgi-center. you will see two form-to-email (AKA formmailer) scripts.

1) Formmail Clone
    2) CGI Email
    Last edited by Matt; 09-19-2006 at 07:15 PM.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |