Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Client's Dont have clue

jmarcv is offline Cranky Coder

Yow! I've changed! My my!!!

Charles, I will explain if you need an explanation. Not much to it really, just a play on the classic race and class separation thing we humans seem to do. In this case, clients vs us geeks. And since I am struggling to go live with a few updates myself right now, (can we just please change the entire layout of this page which will thus change all the pages and put us back 2 months please???) well, my skin started itching a bit! See, not good to scratch!

Well, happy to see your frustration level abated in a constructive way.

PS Glowhosts opinions are not the opinions of jmvWare Inc.

George Carlin IS (was?) funny, sadly so.

jmarcv is offline Cranky Coder

Quote Originally Posted by charlesh View Post
    ... even though I don't quite understand about the first part...
    OK, a little more time now. First, there may be one slight misconception. As Matt has taught me everything I know, one thing he taught me was 'thats the sizzle' means something is really good. In my day (dont ask) it was sometimes used a bit differently, especially the ghettos I lived in, where the phrase I used would translate to something like 'Arent those people something else?' or there was one 'Aint life Grand?' when in fact you didn't think so. In the less subtle days of the 2000's, I believe such sentances were suffixed with a big negative.
    Aint clients great? NOT!!!
    So, anyway hope that explains it sufficiently.
    OK, Im going back to the party, especially now that I have my new side to keep me company!

cornnfedd is offline Working on Master Status

understand your frustration but i guess sometimes when people dont understand things they can be difficult to deal with at times, thats when patience comes into it, but sounds like you still did a great job with good customer service.

ive been on both ends - its worse when you have a website developer that has no clue, probably the most frustrating thing ever!

charlesh is offline Master Glow Jedi
    Atlanta, GA - better than you imagined it would be.

ive been on both ends - its worse when you have a website developer that has no clue, probably the most frustrating thing ever!
    Cornfedd,

Yes, I can see where that would be bad, but it is good business for me - A couple of my clients have had really bad experiences and in the majority of cases, their web developers up and disappeared.

Bring em on! I love site re-dos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12