Thread: Server Deb Delay's

sundog_ak is offline Junior Web Sage

Question Server Deb Delay's

I have noticed two or three times in last several weeks that Deb is having 3 to 30 second delays via NetStatus Monitor and it is bogging down web access both via the frontend and CPanel. It seems to last for 15 or so minutes and then is okay. I noticed this several times over the last several weeks, after having no issues since joining Glowhost (speedy with no problems otherwise).

On another topic, my service is coming due next month for renewal. I see "Place New Order" in the account manager but it doesn't seem to allow me to add in hosting for something that is already current (i.e., it says "already in cart"). Maybe I am blind, but I didn't see anything like "renew" in the account manager for renewing existing services.

Thanks,
    Chris

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Sergey is looking into the issues on the Deb server. Hopefully he will be able to find a resolution to the issue that will solve the problem once and for all. You might also consider upgrading to a more stable grade of hosting or server that has less users like professional shared hosting or even a semi-dedicated or fully dedicated server so that there is less chance of other user's affecting your web site's performance.

In regards to the renewal, the system will send you an invoice with payment/renewal instructions on the due date of the account. You can also store a credit card in your myGlow Account Manager and choose the auto-pay option (under "Billing Preferences") so that the system will automatically run your invoice on the due date.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

Thanks for the quick reply. I will look for the renewal notice.

As to the other issue, hopefully, they can track down the problem on the server. I should clarify that I am not just commenting about a little speed decrease. I was very familiar with overloaded servers on my prior "mega" host; hence, why I moved to Glowhost. It was annoying but the site still worked, although slowly at times. However, when Deb is running in the 20 or more second delay, I cannot even get into the my site nor the CPanel (or at least I give up after watching Firefox spinning and spinning with no indication of display progress after several minutes). When it first happened I thought it was something wrong with my web site until I tried to log on to CPanel, and it was having issues as well. It seems after about an hour it goes back to normal (i.e. responsive).

So it isn't really a question of upgrading to VPS or less populated server, since things were running fine and I was more than happy with that service/speed level up until the last month or so. It is more of an issue that the site is unresponsive when whatever is bogging down Deb begins. Anyway, I guess I will just have to wait and see if Sergey can work his magic.

Thanks again for looking into the problem.
    Chris

This is a screen shot also showed that SMTP was not working along with the delay issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails debserverdelay_2009-02-15.jpg  

sergey is offline Master Glow Jedi

The offending account was suspended on the server and services are running fine on Deb now.

Thank you for the quick resolution
    Chris

sergey is offline Master Glow Jedi

No problem