Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hosting Change

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Do you have a dedicated or VPS or are you on shared hosting? Are you sure when you look at the list of addon domains its not listed there?
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

QHF
    QHF is offline Nearly a Master Glow Jedi

Matt,

Using the Advanced 3 Star shared hosting plan. I double checked and there are no addon domains or subdoamins showing in the control panel. I did a little investigating and checked the original Zip file the old host gave me to upload that contained the site. There are two folders with the .com extension that are the domain names I wanted to create as addon domains. Could this be the problem? the system is already seeing domain1.com and domain2.com as folders in the root?
    QHF

"This is an Emergency?"

Perhaps, but the real problem is likely whatever the original error was the first time it failed. Sounds like it created a partial addon domain but its hard to say without the original error.

If you cannot remove the addon domain you'll need to open a support ticket on it.

QHF

Matt,

I did find a folder that must have been created when I first tried to setup an addon domain. I have original web site zip file given to me by the previous host saved locally, so I unzipped the entire site on PC, compared the directory structure, found the extra folders and deleted them. I didn't notice before, but it must have been there previously, in the addon domain section I see the domain name I tried to add in the drop down box even though the folder structure no longer exists. I logged off and back in thinking that was the problem, but the domain name is still in the addon drop down box. Support ticket?
    QHF

"This is an Emergency?"

So delete it from the and see what happens...the folders are not what cPanel uses to determine if an addon exists or not. Once it is deleted you should be able to add it, else you will get an error that will tell you what you need to do.

QHF

Ok, I'll do as suggested. If this still doesn't work, any suggestions as how to get this businesses on-line store up using the registered rosarytwine.com domain as quickly as possible?

As an aside, everything seems to be working OK if I go through the main site here FNT Industries, Inc. Netmaker to the world of Fishing and Sports enter the site and select the bottom link which is to their on-line store. They have a third domain not working, seakingultra.com but right now the e-commerse site is the priority.

If I manually type the full URL to the e-commerce site in a browser I can get there also. Previously, if I only typed the URL to their on-line store which is rosarytwine.com I would end up here, FNT Industries Inc. Craft and Rosary Twine, but now all I see is this Apache message, cPanel®.

I'm now taking a good look at the structure of this site, and I can say with out a doubt, I should have done this first! I will definitely need some guidance if not outright help. How it got to this point is beyond me. I called the site owner a little bit ago and was informed that more than a few people were involved in writing and rewriting, uploading and downloading via ftp. I looks like whoever was ftping uploaded to the wrong folders, then uploaded to the correct folders more than once. This site is a monster. Folders and files are duplicated everywhere! How everything worked with the former host is beyond me. This is part of the horror story I mentioned, the old host won't disclose any information as to the previous setup. Just sent me the site in a zip file and that, that.

As this is looking more and more like a total redesign to straighten out, further discussions will be posted in the web design boards. As I said, I will need (plead) for help in straighting this out.
    QHF

"This is an Emergency?"

The addon thing should work for you if you pay attention to the on-screen errors. Not sure about the cPanel page, probably need a ticket on that.

QHF

Matt,

This time around I renamed the rosarytwine.com folder first thinking this was the problem, the folder already existed, then tried to the addon domain again and got the same error message as before, "problem creating the addon domain; error from park wrapper: rosarytwine.com already configured". At this point I'm opening up a support ticket.

Thanks for all your time.
    QHF

"This is an Emergency?"

QHF

Matt,

Sergey's the man! He solved the addon domain issue and I can now see it. But when I typed the rosarytwine.com URL I still couldn't get to the web site. I called the site owner and had them open the office on a Saturday afternoon, (at first they didn't want to but I explained their store was down), and went through some old notes from previous site maintainers and found a reference saying the site was using a redirect from the fnt-victory.com site. Since Sergey fixed the addon problem I tried a redirect from the addon domain to the proper page and the on-line store is now up and looking as it should. As I mentioned before, the layout of this site is a mess. Bottom line, the rosarytwine.com store is back up and running. Thanks to a top notch support staff.
    QHF

"This is an Emergency?"

sergey is offline Master Glow Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by QHF View Post
    Matt,

Sergey's the man! He solved the addon domain issue and I can now see it. But when I typed the rosarytwine.com URL I still couldn't get to the web site. I called the site owner and had them open the office on a Saturday afternoon, (at first they didn't want to but I explained their store was down), and went through some old notes from previous site maintainers and found a reference saying the site was using a redirect from the fnt-victory.com site. Since Sergey fixed the addon problem I tried a redirect from the addon domain to the proper page and the on-line store is now up and looking as it should. As I mentioned before, the layout of this site is a mess. Bottom line, the rosarytwine.com store is back up and running. Thanks to a top notch support staff.
    Thanks for your kind words. Glad to hear that you figured out your problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12