Thread: Cannot send/receive emails, log in to Glowhost, do anything

Duritz is offline No longer a Newbie

Default Cannot send/receive emails, log in to Glowhost, do anything

Hi. I am a new customer. My email address is *REMOVED* For the first two days I was able to access and send emails, but for the past 3 days I have not been able to. I also cannot log onto glowhost, it says my login is incorrect. The error I get when trying to access emails is -

Task 'Greyhound Ratings - Receiving' reported error (0x80040900) : 'The server name you entered can not be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Please verify that you are online and that the server name is correct.'

I am obviously online. The server name is correct, I have tried ports 25 and 26, nothing is working.

I tried submitting a ticket two days ago, have heard nothing (i did give an alternate email address but have heard nothing).

Can someone please assist, this is immensely frustrating.
    Last edited by Matt; 05-09-2008 at 09:03 PM. Reason: removed private email address

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

What is your ticket ID that you received in the automated email after you submitted your ticket?

Would you like me to remove your private details like email address from the post above?

What happens when you use the "resend password" option on the GlowHost Account Manager login page?

We will need a ticket from you to get into the specifics of your account, and I just checked the helpdesk and there was nothing I could find from you.

I suppose the first thing you should do is restore access yo your GlowHost Account Manager so you can gain access to the helpdesk.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

Hi Matt - yes if you could remove the personal details that would be good.

I don't know the ticket number because I didn't receive an automated ticket email, because I can't access my emails.

The "resend password" option I haven't tried, because I can't access my emails.

Do you have an alternative email address? We recommend using an offsite email address specifically for this reason.

If you do, you can use the "Change Email ID" option. Type in your domain when prompted, answer your secret question, and the system will allow you to change your email ID without logging in. Then you can reset and resend a password to yourself at your new off site email address.

Next thing you would do is login to your Account Manager once you get that email at your alternative address and click on "HelpDesk" and you will see your ticket if it was submitted.

It is possible the ticket submission process was not completed because a list of suggested answers appears and the page requires that you confirm your submission. This is a common mistake for many clients when submitting their first ticket.

I have just tried the "change email ID" option. As the domain, I entered www.greyhoundratings.com.au and it said invalid. I tried just greyhoundratings.com.au and it said "Please contact support to have your account information reset or enter a valid domain name without the www prefix. More Information". I tried my email address and it said invalid... what am I mucking up here?

BTW - I have a hotmail address and am logged into Messenger, is it possible to set up a chat window?

For some reason you do not yet have a secret question and answer stored in your profile yet, that is why the system cannot proceed. I will send you a PM in a few minutes with your login details for the account manager.

Your logins have been sent. Check your PM inbox on these forums. I cannot set up a chat right now unfortunately.

Hi again Matt. I have changed the name servers, as instructed. Now, when I attempt to access my emails I am told that my username/password are incorrect.... I haven't changed them I thought. So I thought I would go to cpanel and attempt to set up the email again, but the username/password I am trying (the ones listed in the "welcome" email) is also coming up as incorrect now. Can you advise?

Thanks

The welcome email cannot predict the future

The logins you see in that letter are so that you can login to your myGlow Account Manager.

If you want to create email addresses, you can go into your cPanel > Mail > Accounts and that is where you can create email addresses @yourdomain.com

You can also specify a password for the new account there. You can also modify passwords for existing accounts, and many other functions.

You might benefit from our video tutorials here:
    http://glowhost.com/support/videos/index.php

Specifically the one for creating email accounts:

cPanel > cPanel Email Options > Create an Email Account

Another one you might like is the one for how to configure your email program properly after you have created an account on the server. Again visit the main page for the video tutorials here:

http://glowhost.com/support/videos/index.php

Click "Email Program Configuration" and choose your favorite program from the list.

Also when you create an email address in cPanel pay very close attention to the on-screen details after you make the account. cPanel gives you all of the proper connection settings for the newly created account.

You can take that information and "plug it in" based on what you see in the tutorials and other documentation found on this forum by using the "search" function found here:

http://glowhost.com/forums/search.php

--------------------------------
    Last edited by Matt; 05-09-2008 at 11:29 PM.