Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Difference between cloud hosting and shared hosting

ken12cox is offline Junior Web Sage

Default Difference between cloud hosting and shared hosting

What is the Difference between cloud hosting and shared hosting ? Then I will figure out whiche one is suitable according to my need? Please help….

GlowSteve is offline Master Glow Jedi

Hello ken12cox,

Thank you for your question. Shared hosting is when multiple websites are hosted on the same server. With such service, your account will usually be on a machine with hundreds of other web sites belonging to other people, and all accounts will share the resources of the same server. Such type of a web hosting account will be suitable for small personal sites, blogs, small forums and so on. You can see the pricing and specifications for our Shared hosting plans on this page.

Although there are different grades of shared hosting plans and some of them are quite powerful and may be considered as a nice option before having your own dedicated server. For example, our Semi-Dedicated packages guarantee less than 30 sites on the same server.

Cloud account is an example of a virtual hosting account. Several Cloud virtual dedicated servers (VDS) are located on a single very powerful server called hypervisor. Special software allows to create many fully independent virtual servers with different specifications that act like separate physical servers.

With our Cloud VDS servers, you will get a dedicated environment (so other websites won't affect your account and you won't have to share resources with anyone), root access and thus ability to create and manage cPanel accounts on your own, and of course much more performance in comparison to traditional Shared hosting accounts.

I hope this information answers your questions. If you have more questions, or would like to describe your specific needs so we could choose the most suitable plan for you, please submit a support ticket by clicking on this link and we will be happy to help you.

ken12cox is offline Junior Web Sage

Thanks for the great info which really helpful to me.

GlowSteve is offline Master Glow Jedi

Hello ken12cox,

You are always welcome

glownight is offline Newbie

hi i dont know about cloud hosting but i do know about shared hosting.The hosting which dosent have any privalege to make it private is known as shared hosting

dadiehost is offline Newbie

Cloud Hosting has better uptime and performance.

om2580 is offline Newbie

nice information,thanks for sharing with us

Shared hosting is the most popular type of web hosting , it can also suit to your tight budget. Shared hosting means user has to share the resources with other users also. In cloud hosting your website is hosted on server which are connected with others also and act as one server.

avvntech is offline Newbie

Hello friends,

Thanks for sharing such a great information about hosting.

chandanshivebharti is offline Junior Web Sage

Cloudhosting is the same concept as shared, but not the same setup. In a sharedhosting environment, you are using one dedicated server and splitting it intomany small pieces, and those small pieces are the actual accounts or websitesper say.
    But in a Cloud Hosting environment, you are taking many dedicatedservers and interconnecting them, and then running a control panel such ascPanel to manage all the operations and accounts on these servers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast