Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Merchant Account Program: Free Authorize.net included!

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Well we barely have power and I have my PDA acting as a modem for my laptop since all the broadband is expected to be down for at least 2-3 more weeks. I took a quick peek at their site again and I think they are being deceptive with the way they are selling the product.

It says right on their home page that there are "no monthly fees" and to "Stop paying monthly fees." Yet all you have to do is click the "rate card" link and you will see that in fact, there are monthly minimum fees! $25.00 per month to be exact which is right around the same as everyone else. It means you have to process a minimum of $1000/mo with them or suffer the $25.00 "minimum" fee as they call it. Our reseller and ISP merchant account has no monthly minimum.

So right there, if you had a choice of providers, with identical fees, my thought would be to go with the one who did not try to hide what the actual charges are vs. a provider that tells you up front as to what they are, and in this case, waives the monthly fee. If they are that blantently trying to hide something from the start, it makes one wonder what else they are promising but not delivering. (read: how is the support?)

Another thing to be concerned with is their gateway. I consider Authorize.net to be the standard when it comes to gateways and everyone else is a copy. There are some very bad copies out there, but also some good ones. It is luck of the draw if you go in blind.

Ask yourself:
    Does my shopping cart support their no-name gateway?
    If not, do I have to hire a programmer to write custom code so my site or scripts work with their gateway?
    Is there a hidden "minimum fee" for the gateway like there was for the merchant account?
    And the most important thing, how is support?

I suggest opening a sample support ticket with them or call and see what happens.

Anyhow, let me know what you think, and if you have hosting reseller package questions I can answer those as well.

merchant account with free gateway
    merchant account with free gateway for web hosts
    Last edited by Matt; 02-17-2006 at 04:06 PM.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

Websync is offline What's a Guru? I want to be a GlowRu!

Thanks Matt - You made alot of really good points and I do agree; Authorize.net has always been an industry standard.

It is not easy wading through all of these sites. Too many do hide the fine print - if they even include it at all. You have been a big help. Hope things get better out there soon. I will email you privately about the reseller account.

You can use the PM button to private message me from these boards by clicking on my name on the top left of every post, then selecting the private message option, or you can email me. I will PM you with the address.
    Last edited by Matt; 11-15-2005 at 04:48 PM.

Default FREE Authorize.net now for everyone!

I wanted the subscribers to this thread to know beforehand that we have secured another great merchant account offering by way of E-onlinedata. Once again these guys come through for us and our subscribers.

If you have not had an opportunity to visit their site or ask them questions on the phone, I will save you the time. There are real people working there. They are more than cordial on the phone, and their rates are great, even before this offer. E-onlinedata is one of the best if not the best merchant processing solutions for online payments.

This is a deal that allows our "regular" e-commerce sites to take part in our FREE Authorize.net offer, previously only available to web hosting resellers. FREE authorize.net is now available for all!

Enjoy

merchant account with Authorize.net gateway
    merchant account with free Authorize.net gateway for web hosts
    Last edited by Matt; 02-17-2006 at 04:08 PM.

ourcoffeebarn is offline Newbie

Thumbs up I switched to Authorize.net and I LOVE It

I took Matt up on an offer for a free set up with Authorize.net and I couldn't be happier! I am an established web retailer doing over $12,000.00 a month in sales, and I used to get a few bad transactions a month with my old gateway. I have had no problems with EOnLinedata or Authorize.net The security is GREAT and very easy to adjust to your own settings.
    The tech support is instant online, or Email, Awesome! My old Gateway outsourced to a no nothing about payment gateway support service that really pushed me over to Authorize.net.

I can't say enough good about this service!
    Extremely Happy!

Pete
    Our Coffee Barn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12