Thread: godaddy name servers...

monkette is offline Practically a Glow Sage

Wink godaddy name servers...

Hello, so I just bought a plan here the $34.95 virtual dedicated plan and I registered mydomain last night through godaddy. I wanted to register ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com too at godaddy but they said I would have to have the ip addresses of my new host. I don't have them yet and thought godaddy could register them for me. They told me just now that "registering" and "assigning" are all the same thing for them and that there was no where to register my ns1.mydomain.com and ns1.mydomain.com and the only way to do that was to sign up for their virtual dedicated hosting plan, which I am not doing. Just some information I got that I wanted to share from godaddy because I thought I could register those names as well there.,,but can't!...so I will have to wait until my account gets set up here at glowhost!

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Yes, once you have the IPs we assign you for your private nameservers, you will log into GoDaddy and register them. Your IPs will come with your instruction letter very shortly.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

monkette is offline Practically a Glow Sage

Default Thanks Matt!

Thanks Matt! I am a newbie to the hosting business. I really studied many virtual dedicated server plans out there and decided to try this one as and that was because of the "managed" support offered. I will surely be letting everyone know how it works out here, so far, so good! Oh, by the way, I am not getting in this to be a host, but want to see how it works out as I am the person who is hosting and registering more than 10 sites a year and using hosting plans by other sites and thought I would try and consolidate them into my own hosting arena to save money and hopefully make a little.