Thread: gmail smtp fsockopen error

Scott Solomko is offline Newbie

Question gmail smtp fsockopen error

I am attempting to connect to gmail smtp servers but keep getting the following error msg:

fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: unable to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 (Connection timed out)

I tried both ssl and tls and get the same error. I have looked over code and other searches on stackoverflow and can't find any errors with code. Maybe glowhost is blocking this or something. Anybody else able or not able to connect to gmail?

Thanks.

GlowAlex is offline Master Glow Jedi

Hi Scott,

You're right, that port was blocked by default. I've added it to the allowed ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Solomko View Post
    I am attempting to connect to gmail smtp servers but keep getting the following error msg:

fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: unable to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 (Connection timed out)

I tried both ssl and tls and get the same error. I have looked over code and other searches on stackoverflow and can't find any errors with code. Maybe glowhost is blocking this or something. Anybody else able or not able to connect to gmail?

Thanks.

Scott Solomko is offline Newbie

Thanks a million ... I can stop banging my head on the keyboard now.

If I recall correctly this is only the second time in 4+ years that I have run into the situation with glowhost where I had to "check with my host". The other 99.999% of the time it is always operator (my) error.

Thanks for digging through your ACL and outstanding support.

Scott