Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FFmpeg Support

QHF
    QHF is offline Nearly a Master Glow Jedi

OK, I've done the file uploading as directed in the phpmotion setup document, crated the mysql database and it tested OK. I did the CHMOD settings to folders, files as indicated and up to this point everything looks good. Now the next step as outlined in the setup doc is to open our website http://www.ourdomain/path/path/setup.php. When I do this I get the following error:

Fatal error: phpSHIELD Loader - script was encoded for another version of zend engine in /home/ourdomain/public_html/cgi-bin/classes/config.php on line 2.

When I open the config.php file and look at line 2, there is an extremely long string there that I can't make heads or tails out of. Any help?

QHF

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

PHPmotions chmod instructions are not correct for servers running php as a CGI which is how we run PHP.

All directories need to be 755 and all php files need to be 644

Are you sure your permissions are correct?
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

QHF

Mat,
    This is what's on the phpmotion setup doc for folder and file permissions and is what I setup. I will change the permissions to what you indicate and let you know the result.

Directories
    1. uploads 777
    2. uploads/thumbs 777
    3. uploads/avi 777
    4. pictures 777
    5. cgi-bin 755
    6. temp 777
    7. classes 777
    8. SQL 755
    9. logs 777
    Files
    1. all the files in cgi-bin 755
    2. converter.php 777
    Are there any other quirks/differences about installing phpmotion? Also, the download of phpmotion came with .php files that were uploaded to /public_html/. I'm assuming all these need their permissions modified, correct?

QHF
    Last edited by QHF; 10-14-2007 at 02:28 PM.

Thats the only one I have encountered so far. All dirs at 755 and all php at 644. cgi-bin files can remain at 755

QHF

OK, I guess you reset the permissions because they were all change to your settings, thanks! I'm still getting the following error: Fatal error: phpSHIELD Loader - script was encoded for another version of zend engine in /home/ourdoamin/public_html/cgi-bin/classes/config.php on line 2 when I go through the browser to access the setup.php file, any ideas? I've looked at the config.php file but I'm not sure of what I'm looking at. I must have missed something during the setup but I don't know what, aside from the permissions. I don't understand why the MySQL portions passes the test from the web browser but the setup.php failes with the above error. At this point I'm tempted to remove it all and start over from scratch or just wait until I'm more educated in PHP.

Sorry if I sound frustrated, you have been more than patient and helpfull regarding all my questions.

QHF

Please open a help ticket so we can get some of the relevant details like domain name and path to the script so we can see the errors.

QHF

I'm taking your advice and will open a help ticket. I guess I could use this as a good excuse to sit back a little and take a break!

QHF

Mat,

My phpmotion error issue in now resolved. A special thanks to you and especially Sergey who figured out what was wrong. It seems the setup documentation was not clear on several points. Sergey pointed out that php files can't reside in the cgi-bin folder so I created as sub-folder under public_html and moved them there. The mysql test still worked but the setup.php file still failed. When I uploaded the phpmotion files I transferred in ASCII. Sergey point out they should have been uploaded in binary. Segey redid the upload for me and now everything is OK. I just have to actually try to convert an mpeg to flv and test it.

Again, thanks for all your help. If anyone asks about a hosting company, GlowHost will by my recommendation.

QHF (Tony Rodriguez)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123