Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rss

bdominick is offline I am a Glowru!

Hi Lynne. I'm so sorry I missed the notice about your response here. I'll try to pay closer attention.

This is quite the little mess, but it looks like you've got at least some of it figured out. Are you trying to display from mutliple RSS feeds (one for each client?) to make it appear like the original table in client_news.htm? If so, that might be tricky -- this script seems designed to just deal with one feed at a time. I've never really messed with ASP, so my help will be of limited value, I'm afraid. But we might need to figure out how to loop this whole thing, or turn it into a function we can call in a loop, even. But that's definitely beyond my capacities with ASP... :-(

The same problem limits me re the description truncation problem, but I know the basics of what you'll need to do. You want to limit the length of the {DESCRIPTION} text. The brute-force way to do this is using a Left() function, which truncates everything after X characters on the left end of a string (beginning of a string of characters). In this case, I would try changing line 110 to:

Code:
    Response.Write Replace(ItemContent,"{DESCRIPTION}",Left(RSSDescription,80))
    Where 80 is the number of characters you want displayed.

Let me know if you're still struggling with this and I'll see if I can help some more. I could use the karma ;-)

Brian
    Brian Dominick
    | WebRoot Solutions
    | Server Administrator, Software Developer
    http://mywebroot.com

rlhanson is offline Master Glow Jedi

Brian - Thanks so much for your response! Sorry I was delayed also!

I tried to do the limited characters and it just shows the beginning of the enewsletter (like the top of a web page). lol

I'm thinking maybe I should try a test message in one of icontact's templates and look at the code - maybe I can figure out what tag to place in the one's I'm creating to get a headline out of it?

I'll let you know as I mess with it a bit. For now, I'm updating "old-school" style. LOL
    Thank you,
    Lynne Hanson
    RL Hanson-Online

bdominick is offline I am a Glowru!

Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean regarding what happened from my recommended code. Feel free to post more code / links to demonstrate, if you want. Good luck!
    Brian Dominick
    | WebRoot Solutions
    | Server Administrator, Software Developer
    http://mywebroot.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12