Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Resolved- Olga "has" had a bad hard drive

hutchies is offline Nearly a Glow Sage

Sorry meant to say emails not pm's. The forums are down.

andreadoria is offline Junior Guru

Count yourself lucky you get pm's through, my forum is of the oppinion that

General Error
    SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
    2000 uniques yesterday, 50 today, zing zing zing a little zong with me...

AsdaLegend is offline Nearly a Glow Sage

Please get it back soon. I'm missing a lot of traffic already.

andreadoria is offline Junior Guru

Quote Originally Posted by AsdaLegend View Post
    Please get it back soon. I'm missing a lot of traffic already.
    Seriously. 3am was one thing, but people will start getting home from work soon, and error pages are not good for business. Not in the slightest.

cornnfedd is offline Working on Master Status

ok now im annoyed, im at work, cannot submit a ticket although i did last night, AND MY WEBSITE IS STILL NOT WORKING.

seriously i was patient before but now its getting stupid.

MATT AN UPDATE?

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

The problem is that the firewall is seeing a spike in pop3 connections and does not like them and when that happens it shuts down everything instead of just the people popping to frequently.

Without the firewall on, the load goes through the roof. We are still looking for a solution and are trying to keep thiings up as much as possible but it is a fine line between staying up and overloading the machine and being able to maintain our terminal sessions while we try to diagnose the problem.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

Okay this thing seems to be holding stable now since about right after my last post.

The firewall and DNS departments seem to be doing what they are supposed to now.

The load is still very high and this can lead to some performance hits, basically meaning it will be running a bit slower than normal while the RAID array is rebuilding itself.

We ask you guys to play nice for the next 24 hours and if you can hold off on doing load intensive things like testing scripts, making 20 backups in a row, excessive cron jobs, etc please refrain from doing so, if possible.

The less strain on the CPU the faster the array will rebuild and that will bring you back to the normal transfer speeds.

Other things you can do is turn down the frequency of your email program's automated checks for new email, stay out of SSH if you have it enabled, and anything else that lessens connections to the server.

If things go south again we will keep you posted.
    Last edited by Matt; 02-27-2008 at 09:47 PM.

AsdaLegend is offline Nearly a Glow Sage

Nope, not yet stable. This has become extremely irritating. It's time for me to move on..

cornnfedd is offline Working on Master Status

yup not working for me either.

I am sorry to hear that AsdaLegend. All we can do at this point is offer refunds for those that request them, upgrades to other shared hosting plans, and apologies to the rest of you. I know it is frustrating no one is more frustrated than me and I hope soon I will be able to find a few minutes to get some rest...

Our goal here was to preserve your data from what could have a catastrophic drive failure. I think we succeeded in that department. Now we are stuck dealing with the hardware limitations of the raid array and waiting for it trying to rebuild itself.

If any of you would like to be migrated to another type of hosting plan with a higher uptime SLA please open a ticket and we can move your account to any type of hosting account you like, typically anything on the site other than budget or advanced hosting will put you on a package with a higher uptime SLA and off of the Olga server. We can also credit you a free month of hosting should you prefer an upgrade option.
    Last edited by Matt; 02-26-2008 at 07:06 PM.