Thread: GNAX Network Issues

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Default GNAX Network Issues

Nearly all servers in the GNAX Datacenter went down this morning at approx 6:55 am EST. All we know so far is that there were network problem at the Datacenter and they worked to get it fixed as soon as they could. All sites are currently back online.

We will post here when we know more and have a free moment due to all the helpdesk requests and phone calls, that may be later than sooner, but from what I am seeing it looks like a power failure similar to the one the Fortress ITX Datacenter had last week.
    Last edited by Matt; 03-20-2006 at 10:50 AM.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

The official word from GNAX is:

At approsximately 5:00 am for some reason our external fans that draw air through the dry cooler room both shut down. they did not lose power that we know of - but they just stopped. they are on automatic to run at a certain temperature. well this caused the dry cooler water loop to slowly heat up to the point that we started losing ac units on high head pressure.

once that happened - our power room had several main breakers trip due to heating.

we have turned the fans on manual - so they are on with no electronics intervention - sothey will just run 24x7 at this point.

some of the aggregation switches were on the breakers that went out so part of the dc was out. that is why some of your servers were out and others were not.

we are going to leave the fans on at this point rather than risk going to auto again since we are so close to opening the new dc anyway

monkette is offline Practically a Glow Sage

Wink yes, it was GNAX -

I pinged and pinged away for Glowhost and my Fran for about 40 minutes until I went to bed. I ran network-tools tests that said that the GNAX router was timed out...not Glowhost, but I thought maybe somebody bombed Atlanta or something...glad to see it's back up...
    "Chew slowly."

Well there is more of the same today. Looks like they are dealing with 2 seperate issues. We are back online now. Just waiting for today's official word on the matter from GNAX....