Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Site Down? Olga Has a problem.

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

I have removed the screen shot. The NOC handled the hardware and OS reloads, we handle server configuration and performance when they are online.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

Zhie is offline Newbie

Default Certificate Error

Hi, I'm one of the people with a site on Olga... thanks for working through the holiday on this issue, guys, I appreciate it, the place I used to be with would not have been as attentive... I just wanted to know, as I was about to log into cpanel and got the 'certificate expired' warning, is it still safe to log in? Sorry, I'm not as up on the tech stuff, so I just wanted to be sure it was all good before logging on. Thanks!

sergey is offline Master Glow Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Zhie View Post
    Hi, I'm one of the people with a site on Olga... thanks for working through the holiday on this issue, guys, I appreciate it, the place I used to be with would not have been as attentive... I just wanted to know, as I was about to log into cpanel and got the 'certificate expired' warning, is it still safe to log in? Sorry, I'm not as up on the tech stuff, so I just wanted to be sure it was all good before logging on. Thanks!
    Thanks for your notification. I have installed a SSL certificate for the server's hostname and cPanel services on Olga. You may use the secure link to login to cPanel/WebMail on Olga. No more errors should appear.

Merry Christmas
    Last edited by Matt; 12-26-2007 at 03:07 AM. Reason: clarification

AsdaLegend is offline Nearly a Glow Sage

I was wondering as well if PHP5 is working properly now? Because it seems like some of my scripts that use PHP5 are not working.

GlowAlex is offline Master Glow Jedi

Yes, PHP% is working well. Please open a trouble ticket and mention your domain/URL.

cornnfedd is offline Working on Master Status

id like to throw my hat in the ring and say i was pretty dissapointed with what has happened - my site had a php error due to the server crashing and was down for around 24 hours. Not sure if this would have been possible as it would depend on how many websites are actually on Olga but i would suggest next time staff take the time to check all sites are back up manually, if there are errors they couldnt probably fix then and there. To be honest im very annoyed that it took 24 hours....

if i didnt happen to check my site quickly for something i would only assume it would still be showing a php error - this is just not suitable, I dont have time to check my site everyday just to make sure the server hasnt crashed!!!!

lastly i would have though it appropriate for an email to be sent to all users on Olga letting them know of the outages - it would have been such a simple bit of effective customer service.

Having said all that i am glad it seems to be working again, christmas would have to be the worst time for a server crash so well done and good effort in getting her up and running again.

lets hope it doesnt happen again.

edit: in awstats you cannot update or refresh it (there used to be a little update link at the top) can anyone help?

Thanks for the suggestions. As for the link in AW Stats, try it now.

cornnfedd is offline Working on Master Status

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. As for the link in AW Stats, try it now.

no still not there....

Please open a trouble ticket and include your domain name. I have spot checked a few sites on that machine and they all have the link. If anyone else has issues please open a ticket. I am going to lock this thread now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234