Thread: [How To] Set up email on the iPhone or the iPod Touch

AndrewGlow is offline Master Glow Jedi

Default [How To] Set up email on the iPhone or the iPod Touch

You can configure your email account directly on the iPhone or the iPod Touch. You will simply need the standard email account information: username, password, and the incoming and outgoing mail server host information for your domain, e.g. mail.yourdomain.com.

Bold Text means example, you'll need to insert your own information instead of it.

1. If this is the first account you're setting up on the iPhone or the iPod Touch, tap Mail. Otherwise, from the Home screen choose Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Accounts and choose Add Account....

2. Choose your email account type. For setting up your own email address choose Other.

3. Select Add Mail Account under the Mail section and enter account information.

Fill in your name and email address. As an example it's Andrew and email andrew@mydomain.com. Then click Save.

On the next screen enter your account details.

Incoming Mail Server

Host Name: mail.mydomain.com
    "server1.gendns.com" seen in the picture above, and "mail.mydomain.com" are only examples, please do not use these on your configuration or your setup will not work. Please use your REAL domain name in place of "mydomain.com" If you are still not sure what to use for your incoming and outgoing mailservers, please ask technical support to re-send your welcome email. These settings can be found in your welcome email.

User Name: andrew@mydomain.com, replace it with your email address.

Password: If you do not know your password, you can reset it from the cPanel -> Email accounts.

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - same as Incoming.

Tap Save to save the entered information. Your iPhone will then verify your account information.

5. Upon successful completion you will be taken back to the Mail Settings screen. You will still need to configure your folders since you are using IMAP. Select your newly created account and enter the Advanced section:

Change your IMAP Path Prefix from / to INBOX:

6. Now you will be able to choose the Drafts, Sent, and Deleted folders on the server. This way your folders will be in sync no matter where or how you access your email. Just choose each Mailbox on the same Advanced screen and select the matching folder on the server:

That's all
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 05.png   04.png   03.png   02.png   01.png  

10.png   09.png   08a.png   07a.png   06a.png  

Last edited by Matt; 09-21-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    Have no fear,
    GlowHost is Here!

mfavor is offline Newbie

I keep getting the message cannot verify the host mail.woolardattman.com which is mail.mydomain.com Please help.
    I am using the new IPhone 5 and following directions step by step. I continue to get the same messge .

Thank you.
    Marion

mfavor is offline Newbie

Never mind. I got it to work even after it said it could not verify. It is working now.

AndrewGlow is offline Master Glow Jedi

Nice to hear that.
    Have no fear,
    GlowHost is Here!

dadiehost is offline Newbie

Lovely share, thanks