Thread: Squirrel Mail Issue

rlhanson is offline Master Glow Jedi

Default Squirrel Mail Issue

When using the Squirrel Mail webmail application and trying to send a message, I have been getting an error for the last few days.

Error:

Connection timed out
    Server replied: 110 Can't open SMTP stream.
    Please advise. Thanks in advance!
    Thank you,
    Lynne Hanson
    RL Hanson-Online

sergey is offline Master Glow Jedi

I have made the necessary changes on the server and you may try to send e-mails from SquirrelMail now.

What type of changes had to be made Sergey?
    Thank you,
    Lynne Hanson
    RL Hanson-Online

Exclamation new issue

I just changed the configuration for a client's site to php5 and I get this error when accessing squirrel mail:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_e1993cf42414781029506256cb66a0c5, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/global.php on line 405

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/global.php:405) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/global.php on line 405

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/global.php:405) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/i18n.php on line 335

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/global.php:405) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/global.php on line 377

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/global.php:405) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/global.php on line 379

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/global.php:405) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/src/login.php on line 64

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_e1993cf42414781029506256cb66a0c5, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/global.php on line 405

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/global.php:405) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/global.php on line 405

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/global.php:405) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/plugins/login_auth/functions.php on line 53

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_e1993cf42414781029506256cb66a0c5, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0
    Thanks in advance!
    Thank you,
    Lynne Hanson
    RL Hanson-Online

I have modified firewall settings to get SquirrelMail working. Switching to PHP5 won't affect cPanel applications (webmail, etc.) because cPanel uses inernal PHP for its php scripts. Please try to access your client's SquirrelMail again and if you still get the error, please submit a trouble ticket.

It's working fine now Sergey. I didn't think it had anything to do with changing the cPanel settings but figured I'd better mention it since it was part of the sequence of events prior to getting the error.

Thanks again for your help and for your immediate response!
    Thank you,
    Lynne Hanson
    RL Hanson-Online

Sure, no problem