Thread: PHPmotion - prompted to download uu_upload.pl

friedaku is offline Almost no longer a newbie!

Default PHPmotion - prompted to download uu_upload.pl

Hi,

I just signed up for your Advanced Shared Hosting plan in order to play around with the PHPmotion script. I was able to get the script installed but ran into a weird problem when trying to upload a video file. I searched the phpmotion board and others have had the problem but can't seem to find a solution. The problem i'm having is when i upload the video (no progress bar is shown by the way) after a period of time i get a prompt to download the file "uu_upload.pl". I did read some posts on php.ini and .htaccess but haven't figured out how to create them without breaking the site. i also found a posting about servers running PHP 5.2.5:

[How TO] Install PHPmotion on PHP5.2.5 Server

but don't know if it has anything to do with this problem. I'm a newbie to php/mysql/linux/etc so please bare with me. If anyone has any ideas i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Did you sign for a hosting plan for 6 months or more? if so we can install the script for you at no charge and that should eliminate the issue.

Those docs are not good enough for servers running PHP as a CGI. We've been hoping he would write some docs that explain how to install the script on servers that run suPHP but I have not seen any on their boards yet.
    Last edited by Matt; 04-29-2008 at 07:45 PM.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately no. I was just going to signup for 1 month but since you had that 2 month free deal going i went for 3 months. i just wanted it out. I was going to run it locally but since i know barely anything about linux and stuff, figured this would be easier.

i guess having you folks install it would be much easier but i kind wanted to go through the process myself but hit a major roadblock as you can tell!

Well, the other thing we can do is install it for you and you stay on the 3 month plan but that costs about $50 and its cheaper to just do the 6 month thing and get a free install.

We cannot really try to reverse engineer how it was installed, well, we can, but it will cost you an arm and a leg if you want us to debug it. Your best bet is to do the 6 month thing and you will be on your way much faster and cheaper than any other option.

Since i already signed up for three months, how hard is it to upgrade to 6 months and get the free install if i wanted to do that?

Not hard, just open a ticket in the billing dept and they will get you squared away.

thanks for the advice!

Happy to help.