Thread: Is Shared Web Hosting is Better??

chandanshivebharti is offline Junior Web Sage

Default Is Shared Web Hosting is Better??

Hello Everyone,
    I need to know that is shared web hosting is better than normal web hosting or not. Most of my friends told me that shared web hosting is good but some of them have told me that it is not good.

nomanali is offline Banned

Yes its good for starter websites and learners. But if you have eCommerce store, then always go for dedicated or vps.

chandanshivebharti is offline Junior Web Sage

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

Jesica is offline Banned

Hard to tell, But I also want to know about it.

smithroy is offline Banned

Shared Web hosting server houses multiple sites. The upside to shared hosting. It is cheap. Shared Web hosting is extremely wallet-friendly, you can host a website on a shared server for under $10 per month in most cases. shared Web hosting is a super affordable way to get a site up and running.

georgeaustin is offline Newbie

Yes, Shared Web Hosting is Better if your website has less traffic

Quote Originally Posted by chandanshivebharti View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I need to know that is shared web hosting is better than normal web hosting or not. Most of my friends told me that shared web hosting is good but some of them have told me that it is not good.

joselin You Are Posting As A Guest - Please Register or Log In

Default VPS Hosting is better !!

In shared web hosting, resources are shared and thus it affects performance and in turn ROI.
    In VPS hosting, resources are privately shared and thus it does not affect performance as they are dedicated. This increases performance of your business and also increases ROI of business. It also implements security with dedicated resources.
    Thus, VPS hosting is better.
    Last edited by Matt; 05-30-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Actually, in a regular VPS it is still shared. It's easy for one VPS to overload the entire node if the hosting company does not do a good job of managing the node. Even if they do a good job VPS are often upredictable, that's why we have not offered them for the last 10 years. The technology is dated now as it was then.

Also consider most customers lack the technical skill set to effectively manage and secure a traditional VPS, and many of the customers that do, would rather not have the extra workload required to manage a VPS. That means they have to pay someone to secure the box and keep it secure or shop for a manged VPS.

Instead, we use cloud technology to deliver true virtual machines which are completely isolated from each other, and they are fully managed out of the box and we throw in a cPanel license all included in the price. We call these VDS or Virtual Dedicated Servers and you can learn more about them here: https://glowhost.com/web-hosting-ser...an-comparison/

VDS is meant for serious small to medium sized businesses.

We've also recently released a new product at an even more affordable price, which behaves much like a VPS, with our server management included at a price point almost any small business can afford. You can see our new Elastic Sites hosting plans here:

https://glowhost.com/web-hosting-service/elastic-sites/
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

manoharparakh is offline Banned

In a shared hosting environment, several websites are put on to a single server. This way, the web host can reduce its cost, and services will be cheaper. Limitations include limits on storage and bandwidth, and the performance of your website is largely affected by the needs of the other websites, as you will be sharing the same server resources. This hosting service is ideal for websites that do not require a lot of bandwidth, disk storage or CPU consumption.