Thread: dedicate server

ken12cox is offline Junior Web Sage

Default dedicate server

What is dedicate server and what are the difference between dedicate server and colocation server? Which one is better for commercial site........

Alexander is offline Technical Analyst

Well, dedicated server is the server you lease at webhosting company. Colocation is the server which you (or someone you pay) buy, build, configure and deliver to the Data Center, where it is paced into the rack you rent. First option is usually cheaper and easier, since webhosting company takes care of everything, while the second requires a lot of work from your side.

ken12cox is offline Junior Web Sage

Thanks for the reply and what kind of work should I need to do if I use colocation server.....!

Alexander is offline Technical Analyst

You will have to do all the work performed by server administrators, like server's software installation and updates, maintaining backups, server monitoring etc.

om2580 is offline Newbie

thanks for sharing nice information with us

The main difference between dedicated server and collocation server is, dedicated Server is where you rent a server from a provider and colocation is where you rent the rack space, power and bandwidth from the provider and provide your own server.

nomanali is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jacobwallace View Post
    can i use collocation server for game server.
    Yes you can use dedicated server as gaming server. It is more recommendable to use dedicated server for gaming as these are capable of providing that speed which is needed for gaming.