Thread: Does anyone still use Frontpage

AJH
    AJH is offline Junior Web Sage

Default Does anyone still use Frontpage

I have been using frontpage a lot lately for all of my HTML pages. Is this still a popular program or is there something else out there that is working for people?

jmarcv is offline Cranky Coder

Frontpage is dead
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/fr...default.aspx#5

Macromedia Dreamweaver and Adobe GoLIVE are the two I hear most people saying are good.
    Last edited by jmarcv; 08-14-2007 at 08:44 AM.

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by jmarcv View Post
    Frontpage is dead
    Thankfully!!! That program was such a pain to support.

FYI Adobe bought up all the Macromedia products. Check out the Adobe Creative Suite (Web Premium), it is pretty spiffy.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

rlhanson is offline Master Glow Jedi

I used Frontpage when I first started designing sites. It can be used when you're in a pinch for cash...though I can say, some of my original designs were so screwy when I opened them in Dreamweaver - I actually re-designed them from scratch!

A couple of suggestions to ease your pain:
    ~ Open up your code view and delete everything related to Frontpage
    ~ Don't use the functions for shared borders - learn to use php includes for sitewide items such as footers, headers, etc.
    ~ Learn some coding so you can identify problems.
    ~ Hand code or if you're not familiar with coding, download some javascripts for your menu and button items.

This will at least ease your pain when you advnace to using a different editor.
    Thank you,
    Lynne Hanson
    RL Hanson-Online

Dmitriy is offline Nearly a Master Glow Jedi

Well, I actually use Frontpage to write HTML pieces. I'm not designing web-sites or writing HTML often. Small pieces I write by my own hands, but if I need to make lots of static simple HTML - I choose FrontPage.
    I believe someone will say that Dreamweaver is better.... but not for the simple plain HTML.

charlesh is offline Master Glow Jedi
    Atlanta, GA - better than you imagined it would be.

I use dreamweaver (foremerly of Macromedia fame). The idea of these programs is to help out the developer, but should be no substitution to knowing the raw code, if you're serious about developing. Any software you choose should be a means to edit that code or a means to see the general layout of things on a preview window.

CSS is really powerful. I use HTML to build the structure and then tweak the real look and feel with CSS. Dreamweaver has some tools to help you out, what I find most useful there is the code completion when writing in the CSS, because I can't remember most of them at any given time... Well, most all of them

CharlesH