Thread: Zend Framework

charlesh is offline Master Glow Jedi
    Atlanta, GA - better than you imagined it would be.

Default Zend Framework

In migrating from PHP4 to PHP5, I've decided to also migrate my knowledge and get more adept with classes, objects, and the like. Basically, upgrading myself as well.

If you haven't already, check out the zend framework. I downloaded the classes and there are some good webinars on their main site for Framework which explain the basics of MVC design, which I am still in the process of getting my head around.

Does anyone here have experience with ZF or MVC design?

Thanks,

CharlesH

jmarcv is offline Cranky Coder

I am hoping to take a look at ZF soon. I downloaded it months ago, but.... Hopefully we can hash out some stuff between us.

charlesh is offline Master Glow Jedi
    Atlanta, GA - better than you imagined it would be.

The entire MVC approach will surprise you and make you think differently, not only more on classes, but also directory structures. Basically, an MVC application (as I understand it) uses a single index.php file in the root and then points downstream. Basically, the index.php is the boostrap and redirects everything from there to individual controllers, which will control whatever action is called from the boostrap. On initial glance it seems pretty simple. We'll see...

There's a good webinar on it from some of the architects here. If it doesn't bore you to tears, it's pretty good information if you can sit through it.

CharlesH.