Thread: GlowHost Spam-O-Matic - Deselect Deleted Posts?

Default GlowHost Spam-O-Matic - Deselect Deleted Posts?

Hello, I'm an admin for about a dozen forums (vB3.X and vB4.X). Every 6 hours my sites block a couple thousand spam registrations - thanks for the work you've done creating spam-o-matic, its indispensable and we do a lot of work helping to build the SFS DB.

We have a problem I've been working on, but not making much progress with. Everything goes fine selecting posts or threads to "delete as spam" then proceeding through the prompts to delete, ban, and report the info to SFS... However once the process is complete, the posts/threads are not deselected - they must be manually unchecked, or "deselect all posts" must be selected from the moderation dropdown.

This problem only occurs when "submit data to antispam service" is enabled. All functions and logging work correctly, the only issue is the posts not deselecting once they are banned & deleted.

This is described in the following post on vbulletin.org:
    vBulletin.org Forum - View Single Post - [GlowHost] Spam-O-Matic for vB 3.8 (StopForumSpam, Akismet, Auto-Moderation and more)

It is also confirmed by another user in this post on vbulletin.org:vBulletin.org Forum - View Single Post - [GlowHost] Spam-O-Matic for vB 3.8 (StopForumSpam, Akismet, Auto-Moderation and more)

Any ideas or suggestions for a workaround or fix?

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Hello,

The short answer is SOM is not supported in version 3 any longer.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

Thanks for the reply Matt. Internet Brands, the owners of vBulletin still have quite a number of sites not on vB4, so we haven't been that eager to move either - half the forums I work with have over 10 years of upgrades and optimization. Most plugin dev, like SOM, is now taking place on the 4.X branch though so for support we will need to make the move sooner than later.