+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Transferring existing accounts?

  1. #1
    Unregistered You Are Posting As A Guest - Please Register or Log In

    Smile Transferring existing accounts?

    I am currently in the process of trying to transfer our reseller hosting away from our current provider as well as add domain reselling to our product offering. I have to say, after reading the forums here and perusing the wealth of information you offer, I am very impressed with the obvious interest you show in your business and the care with which you answer questions and concerns.

    With that said...

    I currently have about 12 domain names and 4 hosted websites I plan to move to a new reseller hosting provider. I think your company would be a terrific new home for my little company. I'd like to integrate a domain reseller account with this as well. Is it possible to wrap the domain and web hosting reseller websites into my existing design for continuity? Also, I'm new at the concept of domain reselling so I'm not quite certain if I purchase the reseller account, will I need to also pay the transfer fee to have all of my current domains moved to glowhost.com? If that's the case, I can easily move them one at a time as they come up for renewal but I'd prefer to move all domains and hosting accounts at one time to keep things uniform for all of our clients.

    Our current provider has the same hosting interface, with cPanel and WHM. I'm looking for something a bit more friendly in tech support with the added option of domain resale. Anything you might be able to tell me regarding the ease of transferring all of our business from our current provider would be terrific. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Matt's Avatar
    Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Behind your monitor
    Posts
    5,207

    Default

    Thanks for stopping by and considering us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am currently in the process of trying to transfer our reseller hosting away from our current provider as well as add domain reselling to our product offering.
    We can surely help you with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am very impressed with the obvious interest you show in your business and the care with which you answer questions and concerns
    Thank you. Many people only shop for price so I am glad you are doing your homework

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'd like to integrate a domain reseller account with this as well. Is it possible to wrap the domain and web hosting reseller websites into my existing design for continuity?
    I am not sure I fully understand this one yet but essentially I think what you are asking is about brandability of the domain reseller site. It is pretty brandable. For example, InstaPro.net is our master reseller site. It is the same in every way as yours would be, with the exception of the headers, footers, and color scheme, pricing, and page text.

    On InstaPro.net, the main page of the website is just a regular old website that runs off of cPanel, then when you get deeper in, notice the URL will change to the remotely hosted website on securepayment.net. We did not spend a whole lot of time on the design on InstaPro outside of a few pages, but I have seen some resellers build entire sites on cPanel, then only link to the securepayment.net pages as part of the checkout procedure. But if you notice, it is *almost* a seamless transition from InstaPro.net to securepayment.net and not very noticeable.

    As you can see on Instapro, we are using an older style of navigation which securepayment.net used to have (the tabs). We have not gotten around to updating this, but we could change those since it is a regular old cPanel site, to use the same navigation as the securepayment.net site, making it even more unnoticeable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Also, I'm new at the concept of domain reselling so I'm not quite certain if I purchase the reseller account, will I need to also pay the transfer fee to have all of my current domains moved to glowhost.com?
    That's correct, they would be like any other domain. the upshot though is there is a control in there to lower the prices even discount them lower than retail (you would not earn any commission on those) so that you can save on the fees. Additionally, if you have the funds available, you might just as well transfer them now because the existing registration is added on to the one year they give you when you transfer in.

    The other side to that is if you wait too long, inter-registrar transfers have certain rules, last I checked it was similar to "If a domain has less than 10 (maybe 15) days before it expires, it is not eligible for transfer."

    Which means, for most people that wait and try to transfer at the last minute, it is too late, and they are forced to renew with their current sponsoring registrar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Our current provider has the same hosting interface, with cPanel and WHM. I'm looking for something a bit more friendly in tech support with the added option of domain resale. Anything you might be able to tell me regarding the ease of transferring all of our business from our current provider would be terrific. Thanks!
    If the old guys are running cPanel, all we need is a username and password for each of your sites, and our root WHM will allow us to import your sites right off of their server. the other way it can be done is downloading the full backup option (if they have it enabled) then you can FTP them up to the server and we can extract them for you that way as well. In either case, there is no charge for this service and we are happy to do it for you.

    In some case you might NEED to do the full backup option (and there are others if that is not an option in their panel) because sometimes depending on the version of cPanel they use, and the stability of their platform, the WHM transfers can corrupt or not complete, especially with very large sites over 500 meg.

    So we can cross that bridge if and when we get to it.

    Let me know if you still have questions or if I missed anything.
    Last edited by Matt; 02-13-2007 at 09:47 PM.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | GlowHost's Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | GlowHost on Google+

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16