+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transfering domain

Unregistered You Are Posting As A Guest - Please Register or Log In

Default Transfering domain

Hi,
    I currently have domain name hosted with 1and1.com, and would like to transfer it here.
    But, I have some questions:
    I am looking at "Budget 3 Star" package (this is personal / family site; not running business).
    1) When you say "Host unlimited domains", does this mean I can host here; for example, abc123.com and def123.com?
    2) what would be a process to transfer my domain name from 1and1.com to here?
    3) Do you charge more if I have ".us" domain name?

Thanks

Alexander is offline Technical Analyst

Hello,

1) You are right, you can host as many domains inside your account as you need. These domains must be added as addon domains and their content will be located in the folders inside the main domain's webfolder.

2) In case your current host uses Cpanel and you need to transfer one account which is less that 1 Gb, we'll do it for you for free. If the account is over 1GB a $10 USD fee will be involved. You'll need to open a ticket for our tech support to request the transfer.

3) The type of the domain name you have doesn't affect your fee.

Please, let us know if you need any more questions.
    Last edited by Matt; 03-08-2010 at 10:19 PM.

daksh is offline Newbie

I have two questions about "Budget 3 Star" package
    1) I understand that my webpages and mysql tables will be on a server shared by others; so, will the other users be able to see my file(s)?
    2) Will I be able to use ".htacess" to hide some pages from "world"?
    Thanks

AndrewGlow is offline Master Glow Jedi

Hi,

1) Your account with data and mysql databases will share server with other accounts, but others won't be able to get access to your data or mysql databases. They are private.

2) Yes, you'll be able to add and edit .htaccess file according to your needs, including option of secured folders, etc.

daksh is offline Newbie

When I go to order, the process wants to charge $14.95 / year for domain name. Don't I get a free domain with "Budget 3 Star" package?

Perhaps, I miss-understood something?

Thank you for quick replies...

When you choose the domain name and press "Add to cart" and "continue" - yes, you get it's price in order total - $14.95, but if you press continue and choose budget 3 star package you'll get following in price field for the domain name: "Free with selected hosting plan"; and order total should be $20.97 (price for budget 3 star for 3 months period).

Please let me know if you still don't get domain as a free one while placing an order.

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

I am sorry but I have to compliment our team in public, great job guys. Fast, and accurate responses. You guys are really good.
    Last edited by Matt; 03-08-2010 at 11:35 PM.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | GlowHost's Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | GlowHost on Google+

Thanks, Matt

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Don't thank me, what you do for GlowHost is good for you too

Let's do our best to make people happy. We can't please them all, but the one's that are happy, make us all happy, I am sure of that.

Satisfied clients are the main goal here. Don't forget that.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | GlowHost's Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | GlowHost on Google+

barbaramorriy is offline Banned

for hosting more domains its easy..all you need is the add on domain option and you can host more domain in that account

+ Reply to Thread