Thread: SSL and multiple domains

xsven is offline Newbie

Default SSL and multiple domains

Hi,

I am considering hosting with you and have a few ecommerce related
    questions.

My client has two domains - an older one that I will transfer and a new
    one that I am building now. Both of these need shopping carts - but are owned by the same person.

Questions.

1. Can I host two independent shopping carts on one hosting account
    using your multiple domain feature? (one cart system on each domain)

2 Can both shopping carts use the same merchant account and gateway setup, since they are part of the same hosting account?

3. To make it completely independent, could I set up a dedicated IP for bot h sites with independent SSL certificates and then use a single payment gateway and merchant accounts to process the orders? (since they really are the same underlying company)

4. My client would like to enter some transations manually - I think this is possble with the standard merchant account that you offer which includes an authorize.net virtual terminal. Could you confirm this?

Thanks,
    xsven

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Hi xsven,

Thanks for considering GlowHost.

Let me see if I can answer your questions for you:

Quote Originally Posted by xsven View Post
    1. Can I host two independent shopping carts on one hosting account
    using your multiple domain feature? (one cart system on each domain)
    Yep, this works fine.

2 Can both shopping carts use the same merchant account and gateway setup, since they are part of the same hosting account?
    I don't see why not. You'd just use the same settings in each cart where it asks for the configuration options for the gateway. You'd probably need to check the rules on that with authorize.net, but I doubt there would be any rules against it, and I know you can setup as many carts as you want with the same gateway details.

3. To make it completely independent, could I set up a dedicated IP for bot h sites with independent SSL certificates and then use a single payment gateway and merchant accounts to process the orders? (since they really are the same underlying company)
    Dedicated IPs do not work with multi-domain hosting. So if you want two SSLs then you'd need two dedicated IPs and two hosting packages. Other questions you had here I believe were answered in #2 above.

4. My client would like to enter some transations manually - I think this is possble with the standard merchant account that you offer which includes an authorize.net virtual terminal. Could you confirm this?
    That's right, there is a virtual terminal included with authorize.net so you can manually key in the orders if need be.

Hope that covers everything. If you still have questions let us know.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | GlowHost's Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | GlowHost on Google+