Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reseller account questions..

cornnfedd is offline Working on Master Status

Default reseller account questions..

if i get a reseller account how does the support work for my customers?

do i have do answer all support queries, then forward to glowhost who works it out for me? or does someone from glowhost do this for me? is there already a ticketing type support system build in somehow?

i am interested in a reseller but i dont want to be online all the time if someone needs support, please let me know, cheers.

Alexander is offline Technical Analyst

Hello, I'm afraid, you'll have to deal with your customer's requests by yourself, and forward them to us if you have problems with it. You can use Fantastico scripts in order to built own ticket system. If you don't want to be online, just inform your customers when they can get support.

hmm ok

just wondering what peoples opinions are? is there normally much support required?

or basically once the website has been set up there is no problems?

if i am having a problem with a customer, say too much resources etc i am assuming you can tell me which account and i can lock them off?

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

I cannot speak for people in general, but I can say that if you are hosting for local, small businesses or personal sites you can probably get by offering hosting as a part of your web design services or perhaps even as a standalone service with regular business hours for your support hours.

If you plan on competing on a global level to other web masters you will need some sort of support help when you are away. But that can be handled pretty cheaply if you start out like most hosts and outsource.

I think you can probably find a company to answer your tickets for a couple dollars per ticket or so.... last I checked. That was a while ago though. Those types of companies generally answer within an hour or two so there is the chance you can get to the ticket before they do if you are trying to run on the cheap and avoid per ticket fees.

If you have less than say 50 clients or so I would think you could get by with standard business hours. Not really sure. Much of it depends on the demands of your clients. Small business might only login to their email during regular business hours and might not notice or need you for any problems that occur at 3 AM.

As for monitoring, yes we would definitely notify you if one of your users has gone beyond the normal limits.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | GlowHost's Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | GlowHost on Google+

Christopher is offline Nearly a Master Glow Jedi

cornnfedd hmm ok . . .just wondering what peoples opinions are? is there normally much support required?
    Cornfedd, As far as support goes, there really isn't that much of it. Once the account is set-up, which is a two minute process, you can provide them with the username and password and they can begin their uploads for their site. The control panel that they use is the best in user friendly-ness.

The biggest complaint I get is that they get too much spam, but who doesn't?

Once you spend a few hours with your reseller control panel you find that you can easily address many problems like you clients using too much bandwidth or exceeding their space quote.

Anything you or I can't handle Matt and Crew handle the rest with a quick email. They have yet to fail me.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the info, i will look into it further.

@ matt > just curious how many users does glowhost have? and how many tickets a day would you get on average?

/understand if you cant say but im curious, even round about numbers would be interesting.

Unfortunately that number is confidential but I can tell you that we host tens of thousands of web sites. I don't know the exact number I would have to count up all the DNS zones and try to figure it out.

We will be adding another 1400-1700 domains in the next month due to a recent acquisition.
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | GlowHost's Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | GlowHost on Google+

Christopher is offline Nearly a Master Glow Jedi

You go Matt, how grey is your hair now?

We have some very talented programming, support and billing staff around here. I am hoping to not gain even one gray hair with the help of these guys and gals. Looking forward to a smooth transition. The closest I got to getting one was when I wrote the check!

I'll let you know after the dust settles to be sure though!

wow well done, you deserve it because your customer support is the best i have ever seen.

another question for you, if i start this how do i offer domain registration with my hosting account? is that hard to set up?

(sorry for all the questions but i appreciate the help!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast