+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Overage

Unregistered You Are Posting As A Guest - Please Register or Log In

Default Overage

Where can I find information on overage charges?

I am trying to determine before I sign up because I have one site I want to include on say an Advanced plan that offers hosting for 5 domains. The one site will be running an ecommerce platform but as of now I cannot say for sure what type of bandwidth it will be using. Is there a warning system in place or will I wake up one day to find out I am being charged such and such for every 100MB over?

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Hello-

There are no overage charges unless you are at the dedicated server level and you end up managing to exceed 2 Terabytes of transfer.

Most startup sites will never consume all the transfer that comes with even the Professional plans until after it has been established and is up and selling products.

There is an early warning system in place provided you configure the control panel to email you at a specified "contact address."

If you are getting emails that state you are about to exceed, you can make the determination for yourself if you have enough transfer left in your account to wait until the first of the month with the meters are reset, or, if its time for an upgrade to a higher plan.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | GlowHost's Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | GlowHost on Google+

Unregistered You Are Posting As A Guest - Please Register or Log In

Default Overage?

Ok.. I was assuming as much but didn't want any surprises.

So essentially what happens "IF" the plan would hit the limit is the site would be shutdown until the next month if I didn't upgrade?

Thanks for your quick response.

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Yes basically on shared hosting that is the way it works. If you hit the cap on transfer the servers automatically suspend the site until an upgrade is performed or the next month rolls around, whichever is first.

Its just a way to throttle run-away accounts primarily so no one, including us, is hit with some huge transfer overage.

If you hit the disk quota, there is no suspension, the site just stops accepting files to be stored until it is upgraded or files are removed to make more room.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | GlowHost's Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | GlowHost on Google+

+ Reply to Thread