Thread: Ok I suppose this is still a presales question.

chickadee is offline Almost no longer a newbie!

Default Ok I suppose this is still a presales question.

We are getting ready to make the change tomorrow and I have talked to Matt. I am wondering how one signs for the Professional 5 Star and gets the vBulletin software of their choice. When I made out the form for the account I did not note that we were asked for the information.

We want to have the Version 4.0 Publishing Suite for our forum/blog area. So when I sign on tomorrow to finish out the details how do we get the final arrangements made? Just curious and a little hyper about the finalized details.

We are looking forward to the move as since we decided on your service we have come close to losing our site twice at the host we are with. Thank heavens there are some really decent hosting sites like yours out there. Like I told you I went out looking for anything bad I could find that we could use to see what the worst was we could expect here and could not find anything that was a valid complaint anywhere. You are to be congratulated for your great service and wonderful people here.

Alexander is offline Technical Analyst

Hello Chickadee! First of all, welcome to our forum community. We hope that you'll like it

As for the vBulletin, usually the things are work in such order. Client makes an order for appropriate package for 12 months or more. Once we get payment confirmation, we order license for the domain in the order and install vBulletin software. The client after that makes all the modifications of the website he/she needs.

But I'm not sure how the things are with the Publishing Suite, since personally I've never dealt with it before. I suppose, you'll need to wait for Matt. He'll provide you with more details regarding it when he comes.

Default vBulletin Publishing Suite installation questions

Thank you for the quick reply Alex

I do like the forum here. The quick answers are always appreciated.

I will wait for Matt and see what he says about the Publishing Suite. I do not know what the policy is on that as we did not talk about it but our members do blog and our staff decided that it was something that we wanted to offer to attract more members.

We also need to discuss the domain name change we want to make as the present one is not to be kept.

Alexander is offline Technical Analyst

I had a short talk with Matt few min ago. He will be able to answer you tomorrow only. I hope, this can wait a bit. Thanks for your understanding.

As for the domain name, you can get a free domain name (in case it is not registered, of course) when sign up for hosting with us.

I had hoped to get the issue solved so we could be installed tomorrow but suppose that this will be okay. If needs be we can install the 4.0 forum software and I will see about an upgrade to the other software later. Please check if this will expedite the installation as we are hoping to see it done soon so that we do not risk another fiasco at our present host.

sergey is offline Master Glow Jedi

Matt should be available in few hours and he will reply all your question regarding Publishing Suite. Meanwhile you can purchase a hosting service here. While it's being proceed, Matt will reply your questions.

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Publishing Suite is not offered as part of the free vBulletin forum software offer that we have on our website. It is a lot more expensive.

Though, if you really want it we could charge you for the upgrade. I think I have a license for the publishing suite here that can be transferred to you.

So you would need to tell us which direction you would want to go, then open a ticket for your account so that it can be processed.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | GlowHost's Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | GlowHost on Google+

Matt, thank you for your reply. For the time being I am going to purchase the site Forum VB option and later will see if you will sell us the upgrade or let us purchase one and install it for us.

I think for the time being that would be the best way for us to go. I can see if this is something the staff still wants after we are up and running. I am getting the package in a matter of a couple of hours. Is there going to be a problem getting the site up and running at some time soon then?

We will be available and I will assign the tech contact to my tech person so they will be more easily dealt with.

Thanks for the quick replies. You all are awesome!!

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Thanks

It takes some time to order and provision the vBulletin license, its definately not anything immediate. I would guess 48-72 hours from the time you pay for hosting before the software is delivered.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | GlowHost's Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | GlowHost on Google+

barbaramorriy is offline Banned

mine was deliverd in 21 hours..after payment.