+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MySQL quick enquiries

Nikita You Are Posting As A Guest - Please Register or Log In

Default MySQL quick enquiries

Professional Shared Web Hosting does not list how many subdomains are allowed per domain ?

What are the simultaneous MySQL connections allowed in shared servers - does it differ much in Professional 4 star and 5 star ? Does budget / advanced have same allowances?

What are the max allowed packet in Mysql ?
    for example 1,048,576 in jaguarpc but 16,776,192 in site5, larger values are helpful for certain cmses

Support ticket response time at middle of the night and weekends ?

Regards

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Subdomains? Unlimited.

You are getting highly technical for shared hosting in the other areas. I can give you every figure once I look at the config files we have designated and tuned over the years.

Yes, it varies in each level of shared hosting. Will have to look in /etc/my.cnf for the answer to that....

Response time is about as long as it took for me to say hello to this post.
    Last edited by Matt; 08-06-2008 at 03:29 AM.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | GlowHost's Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | GlowHost on Google+

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Nikita if you need more info please register at the forums. It guarantees a better response.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | GlowHost's Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | GlowHost on Google+

I will register for sure but I am having hard time recovering my files from micfo as they have a strange problem - the domain or ftp just times out after a few minutes. You get access and then you lose access. There is no active mysql based public stuff right now.
    Even only ftp times out.

I guess the best way will be to purchase an account, probably professional 4, to find out the questions I asked. If it does not work for me then If it

"simultaneous MySQL connections allowed in shared servers" is perhaps not too technical ... most shared hosts will allow within 100 or so , so that mild to moderate number of surfers can be handled by the shared account. However some hosts have drastically low such as 20 or 30 which makes thing unsuitable ... thats why I asked.

jmarcv is offline Cranky Coder

Matt meant registering here in this forum instead of posting as a guest, not purchasing an account.

Our mysql setups are pretty much the defaults from mysql, some differences are connections are at about 100 and the very few times I have seen them max out, it was usually because some other process, like http or mail, was hogging the server resources. That is because we try to tweak the connection timeouts so we dont get tons of unused connections rather than limit the # of connections.

Packets are the standard default. We have not yet seen a need to modify this so far. If there ever comes a need to change it, we would.

+ Reply to Thread