+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Multiple pre-sales questions

  1. #1
    Unregistered You Are Posting As A Guest - Please Register or Log In

    Default Multiple pre-sales questions

    Hi,

    I am looking at your shared hosting plans and have a list of questions.

    Feature questions:
    In the Deluxe Feature Set, I can not find anything about:
    - cron jobs
    - Redirects (I read somewhere that you allow them through .htaccess files)
    - Catch-all email address

    Do you offer those and are they standard with all packages?

    IP/SSL questions:
    I found a few packages, such as the 4* Budget package that include a Private SSL certificate. Does this include:
    - the certificate itself
    - the installation of the certificate on the server
    - the dedicated IP required for installing the certificate?
    If not, how much are the charges for this add-ons?

    Grade comparison:
    If I look at the feature set only, the budget packages are a great deal and there is no reason to use an advanced or professional package. However, I understand that you put more budget grade sites on one server and, thus, those servers are less reliable than those of the higher grades. (I also know that there are tighter email restrictions on lower grade packages.) Would you give me the average uptime ranges for the servers hosting the different grades over, e.g., the last year, so that I can decide whether it is worth the additional money to take a higher grade plan.

    Thanks in advance
    Thomas

  2. #2
    Matt's Avatar
    Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Behind your monitor
    Posts
    5,390

    Default

    Hello Thomas,

    Thanks for stopping by.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Feature questions:
    In the Deluxe Feature Set, I can not find anything about:
    - cron jobs
    - Redirects (I read somewhere that you allow them through .htaccess files)
    - Catch-all email address
    We offer all of that on every package except the catch-alls.

    There are lots of articles out there as to why these are no longer a good idea. If you want an explanation as to why they are not a good idea I can get you one in more detail if you like.

    However you can still setup forwarders for specific addresses that you actually want to "catch" and then forget about the 9 million other junk mails that would have been normally delivered to anything@yourdomain.com with a regular catch-all.

    In a nutshell you are going to see a lot less spam and more reliable email service with the catch-all disabled and using forwarders for only the addresses you want caught to be delivered.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    IP/SSL questions:
    I found a few packages, such as the 4* Budget package that include a Private SSL certificate. Does this include:
    - the certificate itself
    - the installation of the certificate on the server
    - the dedicated IP required for installing the certificate?
    If not, how much are the charges for this add-ons?
    That's right, the packages that state that they come with a private SSL certificate in fact do come with a private SSL certificate from a major signing authority. Currently we are using COMODO for our private SSL certificates. These are not a shared certificate, it is registered to your domain only.

    The installation is $39.00 unless the plan says it comes with free SSL installation.

    The dedicated IP is included if the plan lists that it comes with a dedicated IP, otherwise it is $2.00/mo for the dedicated IP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Would you give me the average uptime ranges for the servers hosting the different grades over, e.g., the last year, so that I can decide whether it is worth the additional money to take a higher grade plan.
    All of them are over 99.4% uptime the professional plans are in the 99.7 to 99.9% range.

    Let me know us you still have questions.
    Last edited by Matt; 05-30-2007 at 08:50 PM.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | GlowHost's Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | GlowHost on Google+

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16