Thread: Moving away from Vizaweb - looking for new host.

Bain is offline Newbie

Default Moving away from Vizaweb - looking for new host.

Hello,

I am looking to move away from my current host due to serious technical difficulties (Vizaweb.com – I’ve been a customer of theirs for three years, their service went down after Leo Laporte began mentioning them.)

What I am looking for in a host is:

• Reliability (I need to know that the server will be up and operational at least 99% of the time, Vizaweb began having uptimes equaling 75% and that is definitely not acceptable.)
    • I own several Licenses to Vbulletin and am also a staff member (as well as customer) of Vbseo.com, I would need my host to be able to make use of mod_rewrite, .htaccess and not have any PHP functions required by Vbulletin turned off. This may seem like a normal request but at the end of it, Vizaweb had practically screwed their customers. I will also be using the vbseo plugin which makes Vbulletin further search engine optimized, as well as adding in many great extra features.

• Support! Vizaweb had little to no support. I am a technical person, once ran several dedicated servers by myself. But once in a while I need to contact support for one reason or another due to DNS bind needing to be restarted, ftp server not correctly working..etc

So with that said, is Glowhost able to achieve these three points of interest within a desirable degree? If so I would be taking a test drive with a small package for the first two months and then during that time hopefully we can discuss a larger package at a reasonable price per performance.
    Last edited by Bain; 09-26-2006 at 11:59 AM.

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

I think your requirements are a lot easier to meet than some of the requests we have dealt with in the past. As you can see vBulletin runs on our platform and we don't have any items that I am aware of that would break vB functionality.

You definitely have access to .htaccess and mod_rewrite

Support is also not a problem, we have typical first response times of about 30 minutes and most items are resolved within the hour. More time is required for complicated tasks but it is extremely rare for something to be open at our helpdesk for more than a few hours. We definately beat those hosts that have 1-3 day response times if that is what you'd like to hear

So yes, come try us out and see if we will work for you. There is a 60-day money back guarantee so that should be plenty of time to decide if we will work out for you.

I suggest a "pro" plan for vBulletin hosting especially if your boards are active.

Let me know if you have questions.
    Last edited by Matt; 09-26-2006 at 12:44 PM. Reason: afterthoughts
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | GlowHost's Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | GlowHost on Google+

Bain is offline Newbie

Thanks for the reply Matt. I'll take a glance over your professional packages and will place an order later on tonight probably around 8:00 or so, I am in the central time zone (Tennessee)

I have to head back to work, so I will return later and place an order. I am looking forward to trying your services out.

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Sounds great I will keep an eye out for the order. Cheers
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | GlowHost's Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | GlowHost on Google+