Thread: free vBulletin hosting

revlisoft is offline Almost no longer a newbie!

Default free vBulletin hosting

Question about free vBulletin license. If I order the Pro or advanced 5 star it comes with a vBulletin license. Is that license for me to keep or just for the duration while I'm hosting with you guys?

Also, with the new 4.0 vBulletin coming out does the free license include that version?

Thanks.

I'm assuming the vB license is also a brand new one with the full 1 year owned or is it a leased?

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Hello

You would of course be the owner of the license. You can keep it should you decide to host elsewhere, but why would anyone want to do that?

In regards to the question about the version number, if you can buy 4.0 from vBulletin directly, then sure, you can have 4.0. though you may need to specify that in a trouble ticket since it looks like 4.0 is still in beta and the 3.x series are stable versions. Generally we do not issue beta software unless it is by special request.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | GlowHost's Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | GlowHost on Google+

They currently have a upgrade fee that can be applied to the current 3.x license for the suite. Which is why I was asking about the license. Do you have any specials available for the vBulletin 4.0 publishing suite? I would probably get one of your Pro or Advanced hosting packages. I would be happy to pay a little extra to have the 4.x suite included. I believe the current upgrade fee for existing 3.x licenses -> 4.x is $130 for the publishing suite. I would be doing the installation myself since I have done it before on other websites.

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

We can simply bill you for the difference in the upgrade if you like, just open a ticket after you sign up and tell us that you want vB installed, that you want to upgrade to 4.0 and we will send you an invoice for the $130 (or whatever it costs)

As for the package to choose, correct, the free vBulletin script promotion is only for Pro or Advanced 5 Stars, on a 12 month or greater period.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | GlowHost's Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | GlowHost on Google+