+ Reply to Thread

Thread: domain name reselling only.

edUK You Are Posting As A Guest - Please Register or Log In

Default domain name reselling only.

Hi,

I run a creative community for artists. Each artist has a control panel on the site where they can add artwork, events etc. This data then appears on their profile page www.THESITE.com/profile/someUser

I now want to offer that same data, but on their own website under their own domain name. In terms of creation of the site, I would just render the data to static HTML pages. So the creation of these satellite websites is quite straight forward.

There are 3 main areas that I need to address for each satellite site:

1. Hosting. This would sit on the same server as the main website and I would create a directory for each domain name e.g. /home/someaccount/public_html/ and render the HTML files to that directory.

2. Domain name. I'm looking to sell domain name registrations. I would need a white label supplier with an API to instruct the main website site to create the above directory. I would also need to set the nameservers to point to this hosting space.

3. Email. I would also like to create one pop mail account per domain name. I would also like this mail account to have webmail access.

Do you offer any services that I would be able to use to accomplish the above, specifically:

- Domain name registration that would sit on my website and be totally transparent.
    - Have an API that I can use to register the domain name and change the nameservers through the API.
    - popmail creation through the API. Each domain name registered would need a info@example.com pop account
    - white label webmail access to that popmail account (if so, then I would need to change the MX record through API to point to that while the website would still sit on my server)

Best wishes,
    Ed.

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Hi Ed,

Here are the answers to your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by edUK View Post
    1. Hosting. This would sit on the same server as the main website and I would create a directory for each domain name e.g. /home/someaccount/public_html/ and render the HTML files to that directory.
    You can do this via your reseller control panel or you can connect to it via API using your own scripts.

2. Domain name. I'm looking to sell domain name registrations. I would need a white label supplier with an API to instruct the main website site to create the above directory. I would also need to set the nameservers to point to this hosting space.
    I don't know of any domain registrars that API supports anything but the domain registration and various other options like setting the nameservers. I have never seen one that will do the above and then execute additional commands on some other remote server.

3. Email. I would also like to create one pop mail account per domain name. I would also like this mail account to have webmail access.
    This can also be done vai API or the control panel that comes with each domain.

Do you offer any services that I would be able to use to accomplish the above, specifically:
    - Domain name registration that would sit on my website and be totally transparent.

This program may or may not suit your needs, but it is very transparent and pretty flexible.
    http://glowhost.com/hosting/reseller...n-reseller.php

- Have an API that I can use to register the domain name and change the nameservers through the API.

Perhaps OnlineNic would suit you better.

- popmail creation through the API. Each domain name registered would need a info@example.com pop account

That ability comes with every site. Actually you are allowed many more than one email address, and if you are going to resell, which it sounds like you are, then you are the one that sets the number of emails each domain can have.

- white label webmail access to that popmail account (if so, then I would need to change the MX record through API to point to that while the website would still sit on my server)

Yes there are generic and branding options available for the webmail interface.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by GlowHost-Daniel; 09-24-2014 at 07:27 PM.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | GlowHost's Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | GlowHost on Google+

+ Reply to Thread