Thread: Clueless Newbie Seeks Advice

FrankT is offline Practically a Glow Sage

Default Clueless Newbie Seeks Advice

Hello to everyone!

I am Frank Tuttle, a minor fantasy author that you've never heard of. Until last month, I was selling a few copies of a short story collection each month via the web and an ebook publisher.

My ebook publisher just called it quits, and rather than search out a new one I'm thinking about making the collection, and perhaps a few other works as well, available through my own web site.

I don't require anything terribly complicated. I would like a shopping cart system, and I already have a merchant account with PayPal. The webpage would consist of a plain front page with links to the stories that are for sale, a blog, and the occasional odd photograph.

I know enough HTML to set up the page -- indeed, I had a page at SFF.net, but they don't allow selling on the member pages.

My knowledge of HTML does not extend to anything more than the basics. I've used a freeware page editor, 1stPage, and that's about it. I think I could figure out how to add shopping cart scripts to it, given time.

I own all the rights to everything I'd be selling. Oh, and I'd like to have a simple domain name, like www.franktuttle.com.

So would this be the right place for me? Keep in mind I'm not Stephen King, and a good month would probably consist of 4 or 5 orders.

Thanks!

Frank

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

I wouldn't say clueless, it sounds like you know exactly what you are after

Actually, the domain you wanted is available. we'd be happy to register it for you with a 3 Star or higher hosting package or you can do the domain registration separate at a site like http://instapro.net

You could also use the fantastico script installer to handle the shopping cart install process for OS Commerce, or whatever cart you end up preferring to use.

We allow online sales of virtually anything so I think GlowHost would be a good fit for what you are trying to accomplish.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | GlowHost's Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | GlowHost on Google+

Thanks, Matt!

I just signed up for 3 Star, and specified www.franktuttle.com as the domain I wanted.

Can't wait to start coding for the new site. Thanks again for your quick response!

Frank

Glad to help. Best of luck and welcome aboard.
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | GlowHost's Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | GlowHost on Google+

Wow! Thanks, that was fast.

My domain (of which I am the master, wink wink, nudge nudge) is activated. I've even uploaded a rudimentary page which serves to announce the grand opening of the real pages on the first of next month.

Now I'm working with the Agoracart stuff, I know how to do pretty much everything but get a shopping cart installed. But I've got a few weeks to figure it out.

To anyone considering Glowhost, I say it's a great choice!

Thanks for the kind words Frank!