Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All wordpress sites suddenly slow!

dixonge is offline Junior Web Sage

Default All wordpress sites suddenly slow!

I have several sites on my account. All are WordPress, all have suddenly begun having the same problem.

No matter which site or theme I am using, the main header loads, then there is a 20-second delay before the rest of the page loads.

Any ideas? I think I'm on the Saturn server.

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

It's probably in your code or one of the plugins that is loading third party content as Saturn shows no problems. Did you recently add any new plugins that rely on 3rd party content?

You could easily test that theory by installing a barebones version of Wordpress in a subdirectory of your account using the Softaculous script installer. It should only take about 5 minutes to test. If the barebones version works then you need to analyze the modules you have installed.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    It's probably in your code or one of the plugins that is loading third party content as Saturn shows no problems. Did you recently add any new plugins that rely on 3rd party content?

You could easily test that theory by installing a barebones version of Wordpress in a subdirectory of your account using the Softaculous script installer. It should only take about 5 minutes to test. If the barebones version works then you need to analyze the modules you have installed.
    As I mentioned to Andrew, one of my sites is less than a week old and has no plugins added. Another site hasn't been touched in weeks. The fact that all of my sites began showing the exact same symptoms at the same time leads me to think it is some form of interaction between WordPress 3.2.1 and the server itself. Have you recently changed any server-wide settings? Upgraded PHP?

By the way, one of my sites started loading fine after I upgraded the TwentyEleven theme. (2012survivalchances.com) But that theme is not used on all of my sites, and is up-to-date on all of them. On the rest, the header loads fine, then the site stalls for 20-25 seconds until the rest of the page suddenly loads.

vagabondians.com
    vagabondtales.com
    findemkeepem.com

Do you think it might be a cloudflare issue? I see that the first domain in your list is being served by a proxy.

Also in answer to your question, there have been no recent software revisions to things like PHP recently on this server.

I guess that's possible. Would it affect the others? I have disabled that plugin but it hasn't improved load times at all.

It's possible since they are addon domains of the main account that they are being affected somehow. I don't really know all the ins and outs of cloudflare but I would suspect it to be a possible reason.

I installed WP on a test account on the same server and its loading much faster than your accounts.

My Blog | My Wordpress Blog

It's possible since they are addon domains of the main account that they are being affected somehow. I don't really know all the ins and outs of cloudflare but I would suspect it to be a possible reason.

I installed WP on a test account on the same server and its loading much faster than your accounts.

OK, deactivated my account at CloudFlare and redirected my nameservers for Vagabondians.com back to GlowHost. Have seen no change in load times yet...

So then I suppose we are back into the code optimizations realm.

Can you try to install wordpress using the script installer in cPanel into a subdirectory on one of those accounts?

I'm not sure if my last post is lost or stuck in the mod queue.....

Any way, I deactivated CloudFlare and redirected my nameservers back to GlowHost.net - sites still showing 20+-second delay between header and body...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast