Thread: At First So Mad But Now I'm Like WHAT UP GH!

Ikharos.com is offline Newbie

Default At First So Mad But Now I'm Like WHAT UP GH!

Alright Alright. So the title of my support ticket was titled "Pretty Lame?" and it was all about how glowhost was not getting back to me about setting up my client/friend's account. Anyway, the reason was pretty much because I was trying to register my LA client's account from Indonesia, aka "the fraud capital of the world" and I wan't getting any account notifications after entering all the payment info. Anyway, just when I think Glowhost's impeccable service record is going out the window they just handled me with the oh-so-sweet-and-sensual-hostie-lovin' I needed the most. I'm not gonna go all into it but I think y'all get the picture anyway. The following is exactly what I wrote as my final thank you post for the ticket and I'm pasting directly here only cuz the tech support crew seemed to get such a kick out it...

"
    [Hey all,]
    I used to own a web company in New York several years ago. We grew to 2 million in revenue very quickly and had to cycle through so many different hosts. I can say modestly that I know hosting pretty well. I'm familiar with all the ways companies cut corners to offer good prices and actually when my thing went mission critical I was overjoyed to finally find Rackspace. They offered impecable support. Obviously, I was paying around $500 a month for managed hosting. I just want you all to know you're doing a tremendous job.

It's so important that you are living up to this because you're representing our collective effort to green and save our planet, and ultimately each other, and you're doing it with integrity. I spent about 3 months deliberating over which green host to choose too. My rock fashion line is pioneering green fashion in Bali where it's nearly unheard of so my host had to be right. HEY! I PICKED GLOWHOST AND I LOOOOOOOVE IT! For real. There just ain't no better feeling than believing in something and having that thing be "all that". Thanks for kicking so much @$$.

K

Oh and PS. Please don't be awesome just in the beginning, then grow really fast because you're so super fantastic and amazing, and then forget about us when you're all off floating around in your big pimpin eco-yachts uh huh okay? What up GH?! Yeah! You rock!"

True story. True story.
    KSC
    Ikharos.com
    Nycotine.com

Thanks all.
    Last edited by Ikharos.com; 08-01-2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: speling

kyleglow You Are Posting As A Guest - Please Register or Log In

Default Awwww shucks...

We're blushing!

NevadaSam is offline Junior Web Sage

Is glowhost and rackspace the same company?

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by NevadaSam View Post
    Is glowhost and rackspace the same company?
    GlowHost is not affiliated with rackspace in any way.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | GlowHost's Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | GlowHost on Google+

NevadaSam is offline Junior Web Sage

I re read the original thread. I guest it was putting glowhost down and bragging how pleased he is now with the other one. SOmetimes venting helps one fell better but that is all.

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

I think what the OP is saying is that they had Rackspace a while back and it was good for them, but also extremely expensive. Then they chose GlowHost and were happy to find our managed hosting services are just as good, if not better than Rackspace's for a fraction of the cost.

OP correct me if I am wrong but that's how I read it.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | GlowHost's Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | GlowHost on Google+

bdominick is offline I am a Glowru!

Rackspace is really expensive and they're kinda dodgy. You don't get much of a human element there. They're kind of policy-oriented, whereas GH is more personable and reasonable. If you've dealt with them both, you definitely would not wonder if they're the same folks ;-)
    Brian Dominick
    | WebRoot Solutions
    | Server Administrator, Software Developer
    http://mywebroot.com

rlhanson is offline Master Glow Jedi

I looked at rackspace before I chose GH - I didn't really need their level of service (I know GH can accomodate that also!)... I really didn't like their site or the lack of personable elements when I was researching them.

I never used them though - totally satisfied with where I'm at!
    Thank you,
    Lynne Hanson
    RL Hanson-Online

rebecca is offline Certified Glow Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rlhanson View Post
    I never used them though - totally satisfied with where I'm at!
    I couldn't agree more! I hear horror stories of other hosting companies, and I am so thankful I found Glowhost right away when I began creating sites several years ago.
    Owner of a GREAT clothing fan site hosted by GlowHost

http://www.bodenboard.com

armadillo is offline Junior Web Sage

I have to say, that was quite a crazy read. For a moment there, I felt like I was part of the audience in Oprah... but this time, it was show for geeky web gurus. Haha.