Thread: cPanel and WHM Documentation

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Default cPanel and WHM Documentation

Here is the link to the manuals supplied directly from the authors of cPanel:

cPanel Manual
    WHM Manual (for resellers and dedicated server owners)

Please Note all the functions in WHM may not be available for resellers, and some of the information contained in the WHM docs might not really pertain to dedicated server owners, for example, installation. This is of course handled ahead of time before you receive your server as the software has already been installed for you.

The docs are simply there for the features your paticular WHM has enabled so that you may have a look and see what cPanel has to say regarding the feautre you are seeking knowledge about.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

htfiddler is offline Junior Web Sage

OK ... looks like you wrote that in 2005 and maybe it's time for an update. In particular, you link to:

cPanel User Manual

which appears quite dated and obsolete. In fact I wonder why it's still on their site?. Looks like the current cPanel 11 docs are here:

cPanel - cPanel 11 Documentation : Introduction

I am currently looking for docs on the File Manager. All I can find is this single very short page:

cPanel - cPanel 11 Documentation : Files - Using The File Manager

which says nothing about this very nice and robust HTML Editor I just discovered in there. I never saw it before ... must be relatively new. I played with it for 15 minutes and got stuck several times. Finally tried right clicking and realized, "Oh, that's how you do it!" Seems though that a tool with so many features would have some docs available. Any idea where to find them?

One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to create a new page. If I don't select an existing .htm file in the File Manager, and I click on the HTML Editor icon up top, nothing happens. Maybe we have to copy and rename an existing .htm file to get a jump start on a new page? Even once the Editor is open, I don't see any way to create a new page.

And another thing ... how do we edit the background image and page properties? That's not obvious either. Docs are definitely needed!

Thanks,
    Henry

Quote Originally Posted by htfiddler View Post
    ...which appears quite dated and obsolete. In fact I wonder why it's still on their site?.
    Because some people still use older versions of cPanel? Sort of like some people still run windows 2000...If it works, why throw away the manual?

...I am currently looking for docs on the File Manager. All I can find is this single very short page:

cPanel - cPanel 11 Documentation : Files - Using The File Manager

which says nothing about this very nice and robust HTML Editor I just discovered in there. I never saw it before ... must be relatively new. I played with it for 15 minutes and got stuck several times. Finally tried right clicking and realized, "Oh, that's how you do it!" Seems though that a tool with so many features would have some docs available. Any idea where to find them?
    Most of the scripts that cPanel uses are open source. That WYSIWYG you are talking about looks to be a modified version of WYSIWYG Pro, but really, what docs are needed? Every WYSIWYG I've ever used all work exactly the same way.

I suppose if you want docs on how it works you could ask cPanel to add more at bugzilla.cpanel.net and enter in the request as a feature request or enhancement not a bug.

One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to create a new page.
    New file perhaps?

And another thing ... how do we edit the background image and page properties? That's not obvious either. Docs are definitely needed!
    Of what?
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |