Thread: Frontpage Network Login?!

rlhanson is offline Master Glow Jedi

Exclamation Frontpage Network Login?!

Has anyone ever experienced a FrontPage Newtork Login prompt while trying to access the internet?

My client was complaining that she was being prompted for her FrontPage Network Administrator Login for www.hersite.com.

After performing a rescue session I also received a prompt - once. No virus detected on my local machine.

So, I was curious whether this had anything to do with the new hosting and FrontPage extensions?!
    Thank you,
    Lynne Hanson
    RL Hanson-Online

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

That is definitely a new one to me and just when I thought I knew of all the quirks with Frontpage.... I can only imagine over time it slowly degrading to the point of usability though I can't say when that will be, I can say that MS has dropped support for that product and if I were to guess why, it is because of all the problems with the old proprietary extensions.

MS Frontpage was EOL'd in December 2006. I am sorry I have never heard of that, perhaps it is a setting in the My Network Places that has been configured to automatically launch the web when connecting to the Internet? That is my best guess.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

rlhanson is offline Master Glow Jedi

Thank you for your response.

Some of my original designs were created using Frontpage and I have to tell ya, when I started to really learn about the coding - well, let's just say, I had to address quite a few issues.
    I typically removed any reference to frontpage in my html code, and her site was created using it a couple of years ago - and is the only reason I enable the extensions.

Really, I don't know much about it, but was concerned that she was being prompted for her username and password.

Are there any issues if I disable frontpage extensions in my WHM?
    Thank you,
    Lynne Hanson
    RL Hanson-Online

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

If your WHM allows for disabling the extensions all that means is it will not create new accounts with the extensions installed by default. if you want to remove them completely its best to use the option in the user's cPanel to un-install them. if the site does not rely on the extensions for things like navigation bars and such, then there should not be any issues removing them.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |