Thread: REMINDER - Datacenter Move Tonight at 11:00 PM EST

Matt is online now GlowHost Administrator

Default REMINDER - Datacenter Move Tonight at 11:00 PM EST

This is a reminder about the email we sent out at the beginning of the month regarding the move that will take place on Feb. 24th 2007

About the move:
    GNAX has built a new datacenter because the old one was filled to capacity. The majority of GlowHost's servers are located at the GNAX datacenters. We need to move all of our remaining servers from the old datacenter to the new datacenter.

The servers that are in the old datacenter will need to be physically transported from the old datacenter to the new one. The date of this scheduled move is Feb 24th at 11:00 P.M. EST.

There is a 6 hour window during the move where your server may be down for part, or full during this window. We expect an estimated minimum of 2 hours of downtime for any given server scheduled to be moved.

Servers that will be affected during this move are:
    Alex, Betsy, Cleo, Daisy, Jenna, Kate, Fran, Ginger, Haylee, Izzy, Lisa, Margie, and Nicole.

If your server is not listed here, it already exists at the new datacenter, or has been moved to the new datacenter already. If your server is not listed here, it should not be down during this time period.

If you would like to see the current status of your server, you can check our network status monitor. You will probably see lots of red lights starting around 11 PM EST and those will gradually be converting to green lights as the servers are turned up at the new datacenter.

As with any kind of maintenance that requires a server to be powered down, some of the machines may encounter unexpected problems. If this happens we will know about it as we will be monitoring the servers as soon as they have been installed at the new DC to ensure that they return to service.

During the move the GlowHost website, helpdesk and forums will remain online.

Please do not submit tickets during the move requesting updates for service restorations. The helpdesk techs will not be able to assist or make accurate judgments on service restorations. We will be posting statuses in the forums as they unfold IF any servers are experiencing any unexpected issues, and a resolution status for the same.

If the move is going along smoothly we will not be posting further in the forums.

If you have specific questions you would like to ask feel free to post in this thread.

If there are any delays in our forum replies please understand that we will be exceptionally busy during the move and may not have time to update the forum as frequently as we might like. However know that we will be doing everything in our power to make this an expeditious process and will be making every effort to get services restored as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Matt Lundstrom
    GlowHost.com, Inc
    Last edited by Matt; 02-24-2007 at 05:54 PM.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

Nicole is online.
    Last edited by Matt; 02-25-2007 at 03:15 AM.

Sorry for the delays... All servers are back and responding to http requests
    Last edited by Matt; 02-25-2007 at 08:39 AM.

andychev is offline Master Glow Jedi

I guess you will be looking forward to a nice sleep now!

Yes. Can you refer me to a sleep doctor?

It is 9:30 Am in my timezone, and I have not seen my bed in over 36 hours. But for some reason, I am not sleepy..

It sure beats commercial fishing and heavy equipment operator, which were two of about sixteen potential career paths I was on as a young man.

I always loved my jobs that I had in the past, (except restaurant work!) But this is one of the greatest. Web hosting is great. You have to work 10 times as hard, the days are 10 times as long, but for some reason its still rewarding

I think I estimate my pay to be about 4 cents an hour if you calculate total pay vs. time worked
    Last edited by Matt; 08-01-2007 at 01:03 AM.

Christopher is offline Nearly a Master Glow Jedi

Great Job Matt, Give your self a 2 cent raise, (that should amount to a six figure income by years end) as Mr Spock once said " The sleep of many is greater than the sleep of a few. . .or the one" Thanks for taking one for the Glowhost Family..

hip hip. .