Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Olga reboot

GlowAlex is offline Master Glow Jedi

Default Olga reboot

Olga server is being rebooted due to problems with /var partition that's why mail and mysql aren't working.

Updates will follow.

GlowAlex is offline Master Glow Jedi

The server is up and running all services.

cornnfedd is offline Working on Master Status

whats new OLGA IS DOWN AGAIN!!!!!!!

seriously!!!!!!!! enough is enough with OLGA. grrr

jmarcv is offline Cranky Coder

corn,

As you know, olga is a budget server meant to be reliable enough to get people up to speed in the web business. I am sure you have heard this before, but if you are looking for higher reliability, there are upgrades available. If your business is such that it requires higher uptime, then a starter package may no longer be suitable.

Dont get me wrong, the Glowhost techs treat Olga with the same importance as any other, and seriously --- Olga wasn't down for long this time.

hutchies is offline Nearly a Glow Sage

What about now..................It's down as I am typing.

Matt is offline GlowHost Administrator

Its not down it is slow to respond. Working on finding the responsible users now and the load is coming down.
    Send your friends and site visitors to GlowHost and get $125 plus bonus!
    GlowHost Affiliate Program | Read our Blog | Follow us on X |

kitkat is offline No longer a Newbie

I have 2 glowhost accounts, one on Olga and one on Lisa. Both are budget but the account on Lisa has barely any issues. Olga is always up down, up down. My sites are down again. I understand that this is a budget package and maybe it is time to upgrade but Glowhost boasts of 99% uptime, what is that? the uptime for all the servers minus Olga?

I know I can't complain, I have had great luck especially with the price I am paying but honestly, if both of my accounts were on Olga, I would have cancelled already and thought this company offered terrible stability/uptime.

I know I will have to upgrade in the near future so I am not too bothered by the whole situation. For you guys who have no plan of upgrading and just want stable cheap hosting, you aren't going to get it on this server.

Alright we have gone through the server and suspended several accounts that were using too much of the machine's resources. This has stabalized the loads for now. We plan on doing this once a day for the rest of the week until all the accounts that are consuming too many resources have been disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    I have 2 glowhost accounts, one on Olga and one on Lisa. Both are budget but the account on Lisa has barely any issues.
    You are a lucky one then as Lisa is a Professional server and I suppose you were created there at some point when we needed to put that account on a Pro server. Perhaps Olga was having issues that day and we needed a machine to put the account on for setup. So you are getting a Pro server at a Budget price. I suppose it validates our points though about reliability on the Pro versus Budget hosting lines.

As for your uptime comment, 99.44% is where Olga stands for this month....Sounds like above 99% to me.

Still not happy about it but again we've kicked a bunch of power users off this machine and hopefully we do not dip below 99.4% this month though our SLA on Budget is 99% and nothing more.
    Last edited by Matt; 07-22-2008 at 01:17 PM.

hutchies is offline Nearly a Glow Sage

Ok but my site is still not back up...............Oklahoma Outdoors
    Last edited by hutchies; 07-22-2008 at 01:17 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast