Thread: ftp error dreamweaver PLEASE HELP URGENT!

nya
    nya is offline Newbie

Default ftp error dreamweaver PLEASE HELP URGENT!

Hi,

I am trying to upload my site through dreamweaver using ftp. I just recently purchased a domain about an hour ago and I was already working on my site through dreamweaver. I entered all the correct information under the ftp section without any typos or spelling errors; but my site won't upload. I am receiving this error message : An FTP error occurred- cannot make connection to host. The remote host cannot be found. Do I also type pubic_html in the root directory section? I am using Dreamweaver CC 2015.

At the same time, my domain is not working either. I understand that sometimes it takes 24 hours for the main domain to work, but is there any way I can expedite the situation? I need my website uploaded as soon as possible as it needs to meet a certain deadline. This is my very first time making a webpage and uploading it through dreamweaver.

AndrewGlow is offline Master Glow Jedi

Hello Nya,

There is possibility that your FTP connection details are not correct. I suggest checking if the ftp host is correct (you can use IP of the server if domain does not resolve). Also, please ensure that passive mode is enabled.

As to domain registration, we need to check your profile to see how we can speed up the process.

I suggest opening a support ticket here. Please provide your domain name there, so we can find your profile and assist you. Our average response time in ticket system is 10-20 minutes.
    Have no fear,
    GlowHost is Here!